Memes of Podiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1716842505282.png

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
True, I don’t respond to anonymous “professionals” that like to argue on forums. But, I’m not hard to find, we are colleagues and I would gladly have a discussion with any of you and buy beer or dinner.

About 6 months ago I invited Feli, Retro, and Waka to join me on Dean’s Chat. They declined.

Maybe Heybrother, Ice, and Adam could come on Dean’s Chat to discuss all the topics that resurface each week. 1) you might be shocked how in alignment we are, and 2) you’ll realize not everything is as black and white as the forum suggests. Let me know…[email protected]

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe Heybrother, Ice, and Adam could come on Dean’s Chat to discuss all the topics that resurface each week.
Here are the problems:

1) First and foremost, I know what I am and I know what I'm not, and I most certainly am not suited to debate formats. I'll either look like an ass or a doormat and either way you come across looking good. And maybe that's your plan. Does it make me a coward? Probably, I just know I have nothing to gain.

2) I've said it before: superheroes wear masks for a reason. I harbor thoughts and views that are disapproved by those in the leadership. I know it's within your scope of influence to make my life miserable if I come forward. If not you, someone else. I'm not suggesting that you're laying a trap, just saying I don't know that this isn't a trap. I have trust issues; the problem is me, not you.

3) SDN isn't a hivemind, I have certain opinions that many people disagree with here, and I don't represent anyone. If drafted, I will not run. If nominated, I will not accept. If elected, I will not serve.

And so, for these reasons, while I am most grateful that you would find me a suitable guest for your podcast, I must convey my heartfelt regrets that I am unable to join you. 🦞

Reactions: 1 users
I once spent a whole month with an ED resident on a trauma rotation. I ran into him a few months later when he was in the ICU when they consulted us for a patient with diabetic foot infection. After I saw the patient I went to talk to the resident and told him the patient needed I&D and partial amputation. He was like “I guess I can consult ortho or plastics to get that done then”

Apparently I did a bad job on informing him what podiatrists can do lol, but I would’ve expected ER resident (in their 2nd year) to know better than most.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I once spent a whole month with an ED resident on a trauma rotation. I ran into him a few months later when he was in the ICU when they consulted us for a patient with diabetic foot infection. After I saw the patient I went to talk to the resident and told him the patient needed I&D and partial amputation. He was like “I guess I can consult ortho or plastics to get that done then”

Apparently I did a bad job on informing him what podiatrists can do lol, but I would’ve expected ER resident (in their 2nd year) to know better than most.
Oh man imagine being a plastic surgeon and getting a midnight consult for a toe amp

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
When you remember that Jamaican beer is actually podiatry’s biggest problem:
3C179417-D5CE-4EEE-9855-0EB13B87CBD3.gif

Edited for better intro

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users