Mid-App cycle advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

impossible_arugula

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! HNY :)

Was looking for some advice on my app cycle - details below

For reference, my LM is 75, WARS between 82-93 (range because I have 60h shadowing, not sure if that counts as level 1 or 2).

I applied to 20 schools, a bit on the later side because I work 60+ h/wk (submitted apps between early Aug - mid/late Sept, with most in the late Aug-mid Sept range); a range of school "tiers."

So far I have 4 pre-II Rs, and am very fortunate to have 1 A, but have no more II's.

I am hoping to get a couple more II's, because I would really like a shot at one of the higher ranked schools I applied to and/or some of the schools that are in preferred geographies for me personally. I was hoping that despite applying late, my app would somewhat stand out because I am currently working at a very prestigious business firm (~1% acceptance rate) and have excelled there (involves significant leadership experience). Have also been doing volunteering on the side.

Have sent a couple update letters to schools that take them and looking at sending more over the next 1-2 weeks.

Really appreciate any insight / advice!! Thank you all so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I am hoping to get a couple more II's, because I would really like a shot at one of the higher ranked schools I applied to and/or some of the schools that are in preferred geographies for me personally.
Unfortunately you're in a pool with 60,000 other people who want the same thing.

Sending updates to schools that take them is about all you can do at this point. Congrats on your acceptance.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Insight: You have an acceptance to / in one of the hardest / most competitive fields in the world to gain entrance into.

Advice: Enjoy your acceptance, and hang tight. There could still be a few more trickle in late in the cycle. It is not completely over yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all! HNY :)

Was looking for some advice on my app cycle - details below

For reference, my LM is 75, WARS between 82-93 (range because I have 60h shadowing, not sure if that counts as level 1 or 2).

I applied to 20 schools, a bit on the later side because I work 60+ h/wk (submitted apps between early Aug - mid/late Sept, with most in the late Aug-mid Sept range); a range of school "tiers."

So far I have 4 pre-II Rs, and am very fortunate to have 1 A, but have no more II's.

I am hoping to get a couple more II's, because I would really like a shot at one of the higher ranked schools I applied to and/or some of the schools that are in preferred geographies for me personally. I was hoping that despite applying late, my app would somewhat stand out because I am currently working at a very prestigious business firm (~1% acceptance rate) and have excelled there (involves significant leadership experience). Have also been doing volunteering on the side.

Have sent a couple update letters to schools that take them and looking at sending more over the next 1-2 weeks.

Really appreciate any insight / advice!! Thank you all so much!
Congrats on your acceptance. You're doing all that you can do at this point in time.

Reactions: 1 users