Mizzou versus Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shrimptempura

Applicant
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: M1 at Mizzou

The ophtho department is located in Columbia, so I am not sure what you meant by them being located 3 hours away. That's the Springfield campus which is just for 3rd year rotations for a select number of students. Also, we usually have a pretty decent ophtho match list (even matched 8 people in 2022) and all of the people I know who are interested haven't had trouble finding research. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about Mizzou med or life in Columbia in general !

Disclaimer: M1 at Mizzou

The ophtho department is located in Columbia, so I am not sure what you meant by them being located 3 hours away. That's the Springfield campus which is just for 3rd year rotations for a select number of students. Also, we usually have a pretty decent ophtho match list (even matched 8 people in 2022) and all of the people I know who are interested haven't had trouble finding research. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about Mizzou med or life in Columbia in general !
Woah I thought it was in Springfield for some reason. Thank you for the insight I really appreciate it!

If you want ophtho, you should definitely take Cincy over Mizzou, but with that said, I really loved my ophtho interview at Mizzou and would have been really happy there. They should set you up well, especially with so many other *attainable* ophtho programs in the region (KU, UMKC, SLU).

Reactions: 1 user