Monday E-mail Stalking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocJuan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So idk about you guys but every Monday I wake up at 9am and refresh my e-mail probably every 5 minutes until it's Friday evening. I've been doing this since the beginning of July when secondaries came out. This is my first application cycle and this wait is KILLING me (and my phone battery). I think I need help.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
So idk about you guys but every Monday I wake up at 9am and refresh my e-mail probably every 5 minutes until it's Friday evening. I've been doing this since the beginning of July when secondaries came out. This is my first application cycle and this wait is KILLING me (and my phone battery). I think I need help.

My heart skips a beat every time my phone vibrates with a new email :scared::nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 user
This is my first application cycle and this wait is KILLING me (and my phone battery).

>Implying you'll have to go through a second application cycle

Nah man just nah

Members don't see this ad :)
My heart skips a beat every time my phone vibrates with a new email :scared::nailbiting:

Yes! And I rage-unsubscribe every time it's some non-medical school entity emailing like stubhub or Paypal

Reactions: 2 users

Duplica_Ditto.png

Last edited:
As the importance of the email you're expecting increases, the likelihood of getting an email from Kaplan approaches 1.

Reactions: 18 users
Kek, that's like I felt while waiting for boards to come back. Limbo is hell.

Reactions: 1 users
It's even worse on Mondays if you applied to Michigan.

Lol waiting for emails from medical schools was the worst. Inbox (1) -> spam RAGEE

Residency applications were a million times easier although my heart did skip a beat when I saw some names

I got so annoyed with random emails during the application cycle that I set up a contacts group for med school email addresses and made it so I only got notifications for emails from that group. Would highly recommend!

Reactions: 2 users

I put all the med school emails on my VIP list on my iPhone so I get a scary noise when I get an email from them.

But I still check my email every five minutes
And SDN

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Most applicants get only a few interviews. Most who get accepted only get one. So you are going waste all this time during a whole year for what could be like 4 good emails and mostly negative ones? Go out and have a life. You'll thank me.

Now the bad news; for some of you this cycle will last a full year. I had advisee get WL into a school last week. I suggest Valium all around
Excuse me while I throw up

Most applicants get only a few interviews. Most who get accepted only get one. So you are going waste all this time during a whole year for what could be like 4 good emails and mostly negative ones? Go out and have a life. You'll thank me.

Probably yes... it's the unfortunate truth.

I knew I was screwed when Amazon emailed me that my item had shipped and I was pissed off.

Reactions: 1 users
Now the bad news; for some of you this cycle will last a full year. I had advisee get WL into a school last week. I suggest Valium all around

Hey once you're in you're in. I see sometimes on mdapps where people get into only dartmouth or only penn near the end of the cycle and I'm like **** good for them, they made it.

Lol waiting for emails from medical schools was the worst. Inbox (1) -> spam RAGEE

Residency applications were a million times easier although my heart did skip a beat when I saw some names

I thought the residency interview thing was harder with how quickly interview spots filled up after the email went out. I was on a primarily surgical rotation in late Sept/early Oct and I couldn't check my email regularly. I was raging while scrubbed in and feeling my phone vibrate with (mostly spam) emails.

Seriously. It doesn't matter if you see that ii email two seconds after receiving it or the next day. In the immortal words of Aaron Rodgers, R E L A X. Relax.

Aaahhh yes!! Spam email. The bane of my existence. I think the probability of getting an interview invite email on any given day is inversely proportional to the number of spam emails received. Someone should publish that study so that the AAMC can use it as an MCAT passage.