Neomed Vs Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

occamslongclaw

Reaction score
Neomed vs Wake Forest. I got into both schools on Friday from the waitlist. These are my only two MD acceptances. I really didn’t expect to get into both. Now I’m super stressed about making this decision. I live in OH pretty close to Neomed so I’d be closer to family and friends and the tuition is about ~13k cheaper at Neomed. If I do go to neomed I’m not planning on staying at home so living expenses aren’t much of a factor in this. I feel Wake is a better school at the end of the day and it excites me more, but is the tuition difference worth it? Any perspective is appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

13 k difference per four years only amounts to about 50k total cost difference between the schools which is not that substantial in the grand scheme of things. I would personally vote wake forest, I think the gap is large enough between the two schools to warrant a 50k cost difference as you will have more opportunities. However, the importance of having your support system nearby cannot be understated so you have to determine how much that is worth to you

Reactions: 1 users
13 k difference per four years only amounts to about 50k total cost difference between the schools which is not that substantial in the grand scheme of things. I would personally vote wake forest, I think the gap is large enough between the two schools to warrant a 50k cost difference as you will have more opportunities. However, the importance of having your support system nearby cannot be understated so you have to determine how much that is worth to you
That’s the way I was leaning I just wanted to hear someone else say the price was worth it - I also think it is. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
I agree. Wake is a better choice assuming your fine being away from family