This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

littledoctor19

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all of your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Oof, I'm no expert but I'm struggling to imagine how Rush is worth 400k over OUWB. Let's try to reframe your OUWB cons a bit:

Would likely need to buy a car to get around - I get driving anxiety and am not the best driver lol
Unless you are planning on going your entire life without driving, you may as well get over this now. Get a cheap car and drive it every single day until you feel more comfortable. Saving 400k means you can justify paying for a car and defensive driving class if you want. Having a car and being able to drive will open up a ton of doors for you.

Suburban location - lived in Michigan nearly my whole life and feel like I can no longer personally grow here
I firmly believe that personal growth can take place regardless of your location. Medical school will give you all sorts of opportunities to step out of your comfort zone. If nothing else, your personal growth can be learning how to drive lol.

Lower rank (unranked)- but not sure if this matters too much
I'm not the rankings expert here but there's no way that any difference in rankings between Rush and OUWB is worth 300-400k

Grading - Preclinicals are not pass/fail (Honors, P1, P2, Fail) and I think clinicals have internal ranking but not entirely sure on this
Yeah this sucks but again I personally do not think pass/fail is worth 300-400k

I'm not the rankings expert here but there's no way that any difference in rankings between Rush and OUWB is worth 300-400k
I don't think any school beyond a T20 at least may be worth all that debt. Hell, probably not even. I would recommend taking the 80% scholarship. Damn bro, If only Rush had some decent financial aid then it might be able to win some of these polls.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.