P/F grading after acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DNP3120

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am fortunate to be admitted to a few schools this cycle and am in the process of decision-making. After auditing my graduation requirements at my undergrad, I realized I was very close to meeting a benchmark for graduation with honors (~0.005 grade points), not that it really matters but would be a cool distinction. I could optionally meet this by retroactively changing a prior grade to P/F. The course is traditionally a med school prerequisite, but all of my admitted schools are on a competency system or will accept P/F sparsely. My initial transcript submitted to AMCAS has the course graded (A-), but I was wondering if it would cause an issue if the grade is P/F on the final transcript before matriculation. Does it not matter since I am admitted? Or should I check with the school I decide to matriculate at if I would be allowed to do this without issue?

Members don't see this ad.

You should probably check with schools just so they are aware that your transcript would be changed from what they saw earlier. Double check that you will meet the deadline because I feel undergraduate schools may have already run the checks for seeing who graduates with honors at this point in the semester.