Received Background Check Request from AAMC but didn't receive a decision after II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CookieMonsta

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I go ahead and complete the background check or wait till I hear back from the school?

Members don't see this ad.

Waiting till you hear back from the school is probably best. It usually does not take too long to submit the background check.

Reactions: 1 user
It's been close to 10 days now without hearing back from the school, should I go ahead and submit it? Certiphi says it expires in 10 days.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been close to 10 days now without hearing back from the school, should I go ahead and submit it? Certiphi says it expires in 10 days.
Did you reach out to the school?

I am unsure why the AAMC sent you this if the school hasn’t made a decision yet. Have you been waitlisted or accepted to another school?

Did you reach out to the school?
I have only 1 MD school that I am waiting on a decision for, so can't be any other school. Would it be odd to reach out to them about this?

I have only 1 MD school that I am waiting on a decision for, so can't be any other school. Would it be odd to reach out to them about this?
No, you should be fine. Only a handful of schools send background checks if you are waitlisted. For a school, sending a background check without a waitlist or acceptance decision is very unlikely.

Reactions: 1 users
Assuming you didn't hear back from the school this morning, when I was given that notification from Certiphi pre-II decision, it said it was sent because the school had reached a decision of either waitlist or conditional acceptance. I found out a few days later regarding the school's decision. I don't know if you want to complete it before, but it seems like good news!