Scribe or Quest Diagnostics Job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strugstofunc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I've been trying to decide whether or not to keep my Quest job or move towards scribing. At my Quest job, I process COVID-19 patient samples which is rewarding for self-explanatory reasons. I am enticed to quit and dive in to a scribe position I just interviewed for, but don't know. I know I will get great clinical experience out of scribing -- as my app is lacking a lot of clinical experience -- but I don't want to quit Quest so soon (it's been almost 2 months).

Right now, I am leaning towards keeping Quest and letting another scribe opportunity pass me by -- even though I know I need clinical experience. I guess I would just like to ask people: Should I stay at Quest or take the scribe position for the clinical experience?

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help.

Members don't see this ad.

i dont think anyone can really answer that for you , you know?

but one thing i know for sure, - clinical experience IS required for medical school and lab experience isnt.
Maybe you should consider going part time in quest, and see how scribe thing works out? is that an option?

Reactions: 1 user
Scribe for sure if you’re lacking clinical experience. Most hospitals are going rapid testing anyways.

I would say get the scribe experience. If it is possible, work for a company that can provide you with opportunities in various clinical settings. The company I worked for was initially developed for ED setting but later expanded out to internal medicine and other outpatient settings.