Univ of Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bill cross

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since the release of MCAT scores in Oct, has anyone received an interview from Univ of Miami that had NOT taken the MCAT before Aug 99? I have called several times to inquire about interviews but unfortunately have not gotten any answers. I'm a nervous wreck waiting for that interview letter in the mailbox.

Members don't see this ad.

I realize your question is directed to those who took the MCAT in Aug'99 but I just wanted to mention that I took the MCAT in Apr'99 and I am still waiting for an interview from the University of Miami. My stats are decent: 30 MCAT & 3.8 GPA. My application was completed about 7 weeks ago.

FLmed:

Thanks for your reply. Your stats are better than mine. I'm hoping that my 10 years of health care experience and stellar letters of recommendation will overcome some of that. Best of Luck to you. Bill

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
I know you were inquiring about those who took the August MCAT but I took the MCAT last year and interviewed in September with pretty average numbers (25R MCAT and 3.8 gpa). I do know, however, that they are pretty tied up right now because of Hurricanes Floyd and Irene. They told me I would find out acceptance/rejection/waiting list by the first week of October and I did not find out until the first week of November. The few times that I got in touch with the admissions office, they told me that things were pretty backed up because of these hurricanes. So I would not worry too much over the waiting...they are getting back on track with things and you will find out in time!
Dana

Dana:

What was the outcome of your interview? Good news I hope.

So dlc....did you get accepted, rejected or waitlisted??

[This message has been edited by vyparik1 (edited 11-16-1999).]

Well, I was waitlisted, which is the worse of the three possible outcomes because now I have to wait until March, I guess, until they have interviewed everyone and ranked everyone on the wait list. Oh well, I mean, there is still hope!

dlc, I am in a similar circumstance that you are in because my interview was in september also and my stats were similar to yours 25MCAT and 3.7 GPA....but i am still waiting...well good luck to you..HOPE YOU GET IN!!

My advisor told me that I should only get worried if I don't hear from UM by December. So hang in there guys.
Dana, I wish you the best.

Just wanted to say that today I received a list of interview dates from UM.
Hope the same happens to everyone waiting on UM.