[URGENT] NW Feinberg vs Einstein vs Dell Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulgamer21

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am trying to make a decision and its been very difficult.

NW Feinberg - 30k a year scholarship. After the remaining tuition and living costs, leads to around 70k per year. 280k COA
Einstein - Full Tuition. Only have to play for living costs so around 60-70K maybe?
Dell Med - In state tuition ~21k a year + cost of attendance leads to around 54k Cost per Year. 216k COA
Family will be graciously helping with rent + food money so that can also be taken into account.

I am mostly deciding between Feinberg and Einstein. I love Feinberg but it is really hard mentally to turn down the free tuition at Einstein.
Please let me know what you all think.

Members don't see this ad.

Disclaimer: I'm on the Einstein WL

I think it would help if you gave some pros and cons about the schools and what you like about them outside of the finances (even though I understand it's a huge part of the decision making process). Where's your support system? What are the curriculum like? What specialties are you interested in? What do you hope to get out of med school? What's the grading scheme like across the schools?

All of those are amazing schools and congrats on a super successful cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
Einstein’s probation makes me hesitant to say go with Einstein. I’d choose northwestern

It's definitely Einstein, especially without any other context. The probation issue is apparently based on a lot of small things (lack of study spaces, student health resources, etc.) that are already being fixed (I don't think it will be remembered in a few years anyways, similar to Baylor).

If you got off the HPWL, then CONGRATS, I think Einstein is the better choice. But if that was just a hypothetical, then you really only need to decide between NW and Dell, in that case, I would probably go with NW. There was a post on the r/medicalschool (reddit) that had a really long discussion on NW, so maybe take a look at that to make a more informed decision. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
No disclaimers, not on any WL at these places - honestly I would go with NW. COA in NYC is quite high and although you'd be saving lots of money, your still paying a **** ton to live in NYC. With the scholarship at NW and all the benefits and ease there, I'd pick NW!!!!!

No disclaimers, not on any WL at these places - honestly I would go with NW. COA in NYC is quite high and although you'd be saving lots of money, your still paying a **** ton to live in NYC. With the scholarship at NW and all the benefits and ease there, I'd pick NW!!!!!
They'd likely be living on campus in the Einstein apartments. Rent is only about $500-$600, so not the typical NYC cost of living

**DISCLAIMER*** on the HPWL for einstein just trying to get an idea of what I should do in case I do get in (the turnaround time is very short!!!)