UVM curriculum / in-seat time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

centesisgirl

Reaction score
I have an extremely difficult choice to make due to family circumstances. I have an acceptance at UVM, but if I were to attend, I would need to maintain my primary residency out of state (direct flight into Burlington). Things have come to a head recently and I need to make my choice yesterday!

I am wondering if it is at all possible to split my time between school and home out of state, understanding there will be weeks where I am there 100%. I have family in town so housing etc is taken care of. Money is not an issue. I don't want to be too specific about my circumstances as they would easily identify me.

Please, I am desperate for advice. Any info is appreciated. I know some schools essentially never have an in-person lecture, others are very problem-based... UVM's curriculum is unclear to me as I didn't attend info sessions due to the aforementioned circumstances.. someone please help me.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an extremely difficult choice to make due to family circumstances. I have an acceptance at UVM, but if I were to attend, I would need to maintain my primary residency out of state (direct flight into Burlington). Things have come to a head recently and I need to make my choice yesterday!

I am wondering if it is at all possible to split my time between school and home out of state, understanding there will be weeks where I am there 100%. I have family in town so housing etc is taken care of. Money is not an issue. I don't want to be too specific about my circumstances as they would easily identify me.

Please, I am desperate for advice. Any info is appreciated. I know some schools essentially never have an in-person lecture, others are very problem-based... UVM's curriculum is unclear to me as I didn't attend info sessions due to the aforementioned circumstances.. someone please help me.
I would try on the UVM thread or ask students there in the admitted facebook/groupchat what their requirements for in-person things are. This sounds like a difficult and complicated plan but if they don't have many mandatory lectures i think you could pull it off for preclinical stuff. Once you have to start being there for clinical rotations though this is going to be impossible

Reactions: 1 user
It's hard to know what to advise you, but if you are in the midst of some family crisis, that is a reason you could ask UVM if you could defer starting school until 2023. Deferrals are always decided by a school on a case by case basis, and you would have to be candid with the school about the reasons.

Reactions: 1 user