MD & DO WAMC (3.64/515 Weak ECs) + School list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josd6

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should include all your hours and activities. I suggest these schools with your stats:
All 4 SUNYs
Albany
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Belmont
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Alice Walton (when it opens)
Roseman (when it opens)
For DO schools I suggest these:
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
LECOM
PCOM
MU-COM
CCOM
AZCOM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
CUSOM
WVSOM

Boy Scouts right after high school (hesitant to add, but relevant to other ECs as I orchestrated a service project for a school for students with intellectual disability),16 hours special Olympics
Was this an Eagle Scout project? Consider as a secondary "extra topic/ what else should we know about you" or OIE essay. Maybe include in a PS if it is worthy.

What concerns me is your minimal clinical experience that is different from your work with those with disabilities. You only list EMT. Your shadowing is EM, which is adjacent. Doing something that doesn't require as much adrenaline needs to be apparent. Get at least 25 more hours shadowing outside the OR.

Was this an Eagle Scout project? Consider as a secondary "extra topic/ what else should we know about you" or OIE essay. Maybe include in a PS if it is worthy.

What concerns me is your minimal clinical experience that is different from your work with those with disabilities. You only list EMT. Your shadowing is EM, which is adjacent. Doing something that doesn't require as much adrenaline needs to be apparent. Get at least 25 more hours shadowing outside the OR.
Thank you for the insight!