WAMC/school list help (3.2uGPA/4.0 SMP/510) ORM, NY resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonictooth4

Reaction score
hi! i'm looking for some help in constructing my school list for the current cycle. thank you : )

24 y/o female, non-trad, 3 gap years as of right now

1. cGPA - 3.21 (upward trend); sGPA - 3.0 (Biology/Health Sciences major); SMP GPA - 4.0 (completed while working full-time)
2. MCAT1 - 501 (124/124/126/127); MCAT2 - 510 (126/128/127/129)
3. State of Residence: NY but currently living in OH; strong ties to MI/PA and family in AR/NC
4. Ethnicity: White
5. SES disadvantaged status: no
6. Undergrad: small liberal arts college in PA
7. Clinical Experience: 3,580 hours (phlebotomist)
8. Other work experience: TA for anatomy, physiology, and cell biology (222 hours); lifeguard in undergrad (210 hours); ski instructor during high school/freshman/sophomore years of college (360 hours)
9. Research: 4,200 hours (clinical research coordinator); 2 posters, 3 publications (1 first author); 180 hours during undergrad working with honey bees
10. Shadowing - 200 hours (OBGYN/Peds/Internal Medicine/Vascular Surgery)
11. Non-clinical Volunteering: 505 hours (Girls On The Run coach, volunteer at a local food pantry, after-school instructor at a nonprofit for inner-city elementary aged children, Relay For Life coordinator)
12. Extra-curriculars: two sport student athlete (swimming and water polo, D3), vice president of my sorority, president of my school's Panhellenic Council, Pre-Health Society all 4 years of undergrad, ran 2 (soon to be 3) marathons, nationally certified alpine ski instructor (PSIA Level 1)
13. Honors: dean's list and dean's list with distinction for 3 semesters, some athletic awards
14. Institutional Action for underage drinking (fall semester freshman year)

School list (in no specific order):
UPitt
UMich
Drexel
Tufts
Albany
Case Western
Cleveland Clinic Lerner
Central Michigan
Rosalind Franklin
CUNY
Emory
Geisel (Dartmouth)
Johns Hopkins
Lewis Katz (Temple University)
Northeast Ohio Medical University
Northwestern
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
Wayne State University
Oakland University
SUNY Upstate
Michigan State
Western Michigan
Rush
University of Chicago
Wake Forest University
University of Illinois
University of Arkansas
University of Maryland
University of Wisconsin
Medical College of Wisconsin
University of Minnesota
University of Connecticut
University of Kansas
University of Colorado
University of Vermont
University of Kentucky
Columbia
Quinnipiac
Jacobs School of Medicine (University at Buffalo)
Loyola
Oregon Health and Science University
SUNY Downstate
Tulane
Virginia Tech
University of Miami

planning to apply to some DO after AMCAS

Members don't see this ad.

What are your ties to Michigan and Pennsylvania ? Having relatives living in a state is not a connection for the purpose of medical schools admissions. You have many state public schools on your list that admit few non residents with your stats.

What are your ties to Michigan and Pennsylvania ? Having relatives living in a state is not a connection for the purpose of medical schools admissions. You have many state public schools on your list that admit few non residents with your stats.
my family has a house in MI where we visit often throughout the year. As for PA, I attended undergrad there, lived there for two years post-grad, and my fiancé currently lives there. do you think that would be enough to constitute strong ties?

my family has a house in MI where we visit often throughout the year. As for PA, I attended undergrad there, lived there for two years post-grad, and my fiancé currently lives there. do you think that would be enough to constitute strong ties?
Attending undergrad and living in PA is a tie to that state. Schools may average your MCAT scores. I suggest these schools:
All 4 SUNYs
Albany
Hackensack
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Geisinger
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth