Will it look bad to do post bacc classes from multiple schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superdesperate

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm working on a DIY post bacc at the moment and due to time + money constraints, I can't just stick to one school for my entire post bacc. I'm currently taking classes from a CC and from UCSD extension school. Before the summer, I will probably take a couple more classes with UCLA and Geneva College. Would it look bad to take 25+ credits with four different schools?

Members don't see this ad.

It's not reassuring.
Better to take them all at 1 or 2 institutions, but it's not an application-killer, if there is a good reason (scheduling conflicts, etc.)

Members don't see this ad :)
It is not "bad" but it will be a pain in the butt when you apply for anything in the future and have to produce the transcripts from EVERY school you've ever attended.

Reactions: 1 users
i had multiple acceptances and had multiple transcripts from my post bacc work due to class availability as a non degree student. perfectly a non issue but yes, it will be a huge pain in the butt when doing your amcas and/or aacomas applications

Reactions: 3 users
Hello! I'm working on a DIY post bacc at the moment and due to time + money constraints, I can't just stick to one school for my entire post bacc. I'm currently taking classes from a CC and from UCSD extension school. Before the summer, I will probably take a couple more classes with UCLA and Geneva College. Would it look bad to take 25+ credits with four different schools?
It would’t bother me.

Reactions: 1 user
I did this and got multiple As this cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
i had multiple acceptances and had multiple transcripts from my post bacc work due to class availability as a non degree student. perfectly a non issue but yes, it will be a huge pain in the butt when doing your amcas and/or aacomas applications
thank you and congrats!! Yeah, I’m working full time and already spending a quarter of my yearly salary on these classes. It financially isn’t possibly for me to fork over more money.

thank you and congrats!! Yeah, I’m working full time and already spending a quarter of my yearly salary on these classes. It financially isn’t possibly for me to fork over more money.
thanks! just keep at it at your own pace and within your finances. so long as you show a consistent high academic activity through your post-bacc grades, it'll pay off.

Reactions: 1 users
I had to get transcripts from 5 different schools. Do not recommend it. I was never questioned about it though.

Reactions: 1 user