2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre II Rejection wow. I liked this school.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Damn rejected here as well. Complete mid August. Thought I have a good chance here but school is a crapshoot anyway considering the amount of people apply here

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Got a pre ii R. Complete like 8/27 I think. I’m not too upset as I have an A this cycle and this wasn’t a top choice

• Sad
Pre-II R. Complete mid august. Goodbye D.C.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Caught that pre-II R today, complete early sept I think. It's been a pleasure! GL everyone still in the running

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Just got that fat pre-II R, kinda hurts considering how much effort I put into their essay and researching the school, and that my stats matched theirs for the most part. Guess it is a crapshoot ‍♀️
Same! Thought my essay was strong but oh well. Glad the built up anticipation is over

Just got the call with my A while dripping sweat at the gym!! Super weird for a Saturday, but I’ll take it.

Reactions: 9 users
Just got the call with my A while dripping sweat at the gym!! Super weird for a Saturday, but I’ll take it.
Congratulations!! What was your interview date if you don’t mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
post-II R just now... interviewed 9/12. this was my top choice so this sucks wow

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Waitlisted interviewed 9/9. This is my top choice, does anyone know if letters of intent should be sent right away or closer to March/April when waitlist movement happens?

I submitted 8/6 and haven’t heard a dime...others in the same boat?

Reactions: 4 users
Does any accepted applicant in this thread know how to apply to the Stewart scholarship? Dean Mitchell mentioned it in the voice mail he left, but I can't seem to find anything on it.

Interviewed 9/23 and was rejected this morning. Was not a good fit for me as a California boi tbh, I’ll be much happier at one of my Socal schools. Good luck to everyone!

Does any accepted applicant in this thread know how to apply to the Stewart scholarship? Dean Mitchell mentioned it in the voice mail he left, but I can't seem to find anything on it.
+1 would also like to know! Anyone have any insight into this?

Waitlisted interviewed 9/9. This is my top choice, does anyone know if letters of intent should be sent right away or closer to March/April when waitlist movement happens?
I would recommend sending one sooner and then periodically sending updates until you’ve reached the maximum of 5. Georgetown likes it when you show continued interest throughout the cycle.

Does anyone anticipate movement from the waitlist occurring early during the cycle? I just need to know if I should even expect anything from these guys before March, especially with other acceptances in hand.

Withdrawing my II, hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have any tips for what interview day is like?

Bring a notepad and paper if you care to write anything down-no folder or anything is given. The interview is only like 35 mins and very conversational. Best part of the day was the food tbh

Reactions: 3 users
did the status of the construction impact getting to/ finding the building?

Personally, I did have some trouble navigating the campus in general (granted I flew in the night before and was trying to locate the building in advance in the dark). There is also next to nowhere to park near the building. I would suggest orienting yourself prior to the morning of the interview if possible.

Would a 6:45pm flight out of DC be okay for interview day?

Would a 6:45pm flight out of DC be okay for interview day?

Yes. My interview ended around 3 & everyone was out by 4 for sure, so you shouldn’t have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, thank you guys! Also does anyone know if we need to request luggage storage or can we just show up with our bags?

Does anyone have any insight on how impactful a letter of interest post interview would be for Georgetown?

Does anyone have any insight on how impactful a letter of interest post interview would be for Georgetown?
they are obsessed with people reaching out and singing their praises, so they would appreciate it. Not too many years ago, the dean used to specify that they expected 5 letters of interest, strategically spaced out.

they are obsessed with people reaching out and singing their praises, so they would appreciate it. Not too many years ago, the dean used to specify that they expected 5 letters of interest, strategically spaced out.
What blows my mind is how a school would expect 5 letters of interest from an applicant. After just one well written letter, things will get repetitive fast.

Reactions: 6 users
is this for after you are on the waitlist or while waiting for a post interview decision?