2020-2021 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sent them an email a while back ago, she basically told me I was OOS and told me to wait my turn. I waited and was awarded a nice, shiny long winded application process that really is janky AF. lol. I guess just wait, but it does not hurt to call or email I guess. I do not think it made a difference in my secondary
lol it truly is so janky

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was sent a secondary but no information on how to sign in to the online application portal!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to keep asking, any OOS still waiting on secondary?

OOS Secondary received last night as well! However, like others have mentioned, janky is an understatement. In fact, when I click the link to the secondary portal and sign in, it takes me to A DIFFERENT SCHOOL'S secondary that I have already completed. They use the same platform, "gateway" and I guess since the only log in info is our AMCA's it has no way of differentiating? This is so weird...anyone else having this problem? I e-mailed them to ask for help but wondering if anyone else has worked around this?

OOS Secondary received last night as well! However, like others have mentioned, janky is an understatement. In fact, when I click the link to the secondary portal and sign in, it takes me to A DIFFERENT SCHOOL'S secondary that I have already completed. They use the same platform, "gateway" and I guess since the only log in info is our AMCA's it has no way of differentiating? This is so weird...anyone else having this problem? I e-mailed them to ask for help but wondering if anyone else has worked around this?
Yeah I’ve heard of this happening to other people who had multiple secondaries through the “gateway” thing. It seems like more of an issue with AMCAS than with LSU specifically because I think people who didn’t apply to LSU also had this issue

Thank you, that helped! I called AMCA's and they had me use Chrome instead of Safari and it worked itself out.

If you wish, you may attach a letter of reasonable length which contains comments that you feel will enable the Admissions Committee to better assess your qualifications for medical school." is this the only secondary essay requirement? I'm an in state resident

If you wish, you may attach a letter of reasonable length which contains comments that you feel will enable the Admissions Committee to better assess your qualifications for medical school." is this the only secondary essay requirement? I'm an in state resident
I believe so

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you submit the primary?

Last edited:
I'm IS and applying ED. My file was considered "complete" on 7/17, however my application fee was received x4 days ago. Has anyone gotten a "under active review" email yet? After looking at previous application cycle threads I am under the impression that those *should be* getting sent out.

@phantomtollbooth Yeah I got an email that my file was complete on 7/20 and then on 8/2 got another email that my application is under active consideration. I applied regular decision

ED applicant.. how long after getting the “under active review” email should we expect until hearing about an interview?

I have friends or know people that all got them last week of August/first week of September. Plus the applications were released to the schools later this cycle

First R of the cycle.....good luck to everyone else!!

• Sad
complete and under active consideration just now! secondary complete 8/14

Was this pre-secondary, or post-secondary?
Pre-secondary for this one! I received and completed the secondary for LSU Shreveport, though. I'm lower stats (sGPA 3.19, cGPA 3.56, 508 MCAT) with some good ECs, so figured I would at least take a shot! No too down, hoping everyone here does well this cycle!!

ok may be a dumb question but when they ask YEARS OF COLLEGE YOU WILL HAVE COMPLETED AT THE END OF CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR ? do I put 4 since i graduated lol or just say degree received

ok may be a dumb question but when they ask YEARS OF COLLEGE YOU WILL HAVE COMPLETED AT THE END OF CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR ? do I put 4 since i graduated lol or just say degree received
I just said I graduated with a B.S. in (year)!

This is probably dumb, but for the secondary question that asks "Have you applied to medical school before? If so specify school(s) year(s) for which you applied" are they REALLY asking us to list all the schools we've applied to historically? Or just the years?

OOS, received secondary from LSU Shreveport last week but still waiting from this school

OOS, received secondary from LSU Shreveport last week but still waiting from this school
You may already know this, but in case you don't, LSU NOLA screens all OOS applicants before sending a secondary (Shreveport doesn't screen)

just got the pre-secondary rejection. OOS 507 cGPA 3.73
guess I was just not a competitive out-of-state applicant but that is okay. good luck to the rest of you all :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
for the Q about previous school years we applied to med school, if it did last year what would I put? like 2019-2020?

This is probably dumb, but for the secondary question that asks "Have you applied to medical school before? If so specify school(s) year(s) for which you applied" are they REALLY asking us to list all the schools we've applied to historically? Or just the years?
for the Q about previous school years we applied to med school, if it did last year what would I put? like 2019-2020?

Did you guys end up listing EVERY medical school you had previously applied to? I applied to a ton of schools previously. When I typed all of them, the font turned so small that I couldn't even read anything I wrote LOL :laugh: Do you think it's more appropriate to keep it simple like, "I applied to X number of medical schools during the _____ application cycle"?

OOS student here - I am so confused with "address during school year" on the secondary application. Do they mean this school year (hence current address) or once I start med school at LSU? There is also a section asking "college currently attending" but what if you have already graduated? Did anyone figure this out? Thank you in advance.

Did you guys end up listing EVERY medical school you had previously applied to? I applied to a ton of schools previously. When I typed all of them, the font turned so small that I couldn't even read anything I wrote LOL :laugh: Do you think it's more appropriate to keep it simple like, "I applied to X number of medical schools during the _____ application cycle"?
I wonder if you could attach a separate document that list all the schools you have applied before. They specifically tell us to do so if any of our prereqs are completed at schools running on the quarter system.

Anyone else doing a digital signature on these forms? My printer crapped out and I really don't want to go through the hassle of printing, signing, and scanning them...

I may be reading too much into this but for #4 on the questionnaire. Is it asking to list experiences only listed in the AMCAS application or can we list some that are not?

are we suppose to upload the photo or mail it in because it gives specific dimensions so I'm just a little confused on which to do?

just got the pre-secondary rejection. OOS 507 cGPA 3.73
guess I was just not a competitive out-of-state applicant but that is okay. good luck to the rest of you all :)
Interesting. We're pretty close in stats, but I made the cut. Was your 507 unbalanced? I have a 128 on all sections and a 124 on CARS.

Anyone get an II yet? Regular decision....

Interesting. We're pretty close in stats, but I made the cut. Was your 507 unbalanced? I have a 128 on all sections and a 124 on CARS.

yeah my 507 was actually very well-balanced but I guess my GPA wasn't competitive for OOS since my sGPA is more like a 3.5 and I'm an ORM

ED and still waiting on the IIs to come out... I guess? If anyone hears anything let a sister know cause the waiting is rough!

HAVE YOU EVER VOLUNTEERED AT OR BEEN EMPLOYED BY A HEALTH CARE RELATED INSTITUTION??

what counts as a health care-related institution??