2022-2023 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not me interviewing at one of the first interviews in the cycle and thinking I’d know before the holidays if I got in 🤡
8/30 interviewee right here. DD since 11/17..... going on 4 months of silence

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Sorry everyone. Last year I interviewed at Albany September 13th and then went on their waitlist at the end of the cycle and then got rejected in July. People who haven't had to experience this type of waiting don't know what it's like, you can't put it into words

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry everyone. Last year I interviewed at Albany September 13th and then went on their waitlist at the end of the cycle and then got rejected in July. People who haven't had to experience this type of waiting don't know what it's like, you can't put it into words

I feel ya. Last year, different school. Interviewed first interview date for the cycle Sep 6ish, waitlisted then rejected halfway through orientation around August 8th o_O

edit: interviewed at the same school this cycle, AGAIN on their first week of interviews, was put on their 'dd' list. As soon as I got my first A, I withdrew immediately. Didn't sit right with me how little they seemed to respect me. So I understand the stress everyone here has about DD. Not saying UVM's DD is disrespect, this school just led me on for 2 years.

Last edited:
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
If no march interviewers have heard back yet then are we expected to wait until May?

Radio silence for this DDer ... I'd like to sue for undue emotional distress please 🙃
This Is Fine GIF
"DD is a temporary status" my butt. Every time I re-read that message on the applicant portal it starts to feel more permanent.

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

You can't give us hope like that lol
Last year decisions came out on April 7th, April 14th, April 19th, and May 3rd. This year decisions didn't come out the first week but did today so I think there will be a day or 2 of decisions before May

Reactions: 1 users
Last year decisions came out on April 7th, April 14th, April 19th, and May 3rd. This year decisions didn't come out the first week but did today so I think there will be a day or 2 of decisions before May
I really hope you're right... This wait is fraying my nerves.

I *promise* I'm not saying this to brag -- just to provide full info in case it helps anyone even a little bit during this awful waiting process. I received an admission offer today, and then almost immediately received a merit scholarship offer, which they're wanting me to either accept or reject within 10 business days. So there is a distinct possibility that today they only let people know who were also going to get this particular merit scholarship, since the clock is ticking on their side for that.

Again, not to be self congratulatory -- just transparent. I hope everyone else hears back soon. <3

Reactions: 8 users
I *promise* I'm not saying this to brag -- just to provide full info in case it helps anyone even a little bit during this awful waiting process. I received an admission offer today, and then almost immediately received a merit scholarship offer, which they're wanting me to either accept or reject within 10 business days. So there is a distinct possibility that today they only let people know who were also going to get this particular merit scholarship, since the clock is ticking on their side for that.

Again, not to be self congratulatory -- just transparent. I hope everyone else hears back soon.
Hey, massive congrats! Thanks for your transparency, but congratulations more than anything else!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m waitlisted at 4 universities and accepted to none… what do my chances look like? Is it time to just apply to post bacc and another cycle?

Guessing it’s a strategic move for them to wait and see how many accepted students include Vermont in reducing As to 3 this weekend 🤔

I’m waitlisted at 4 universities and accepted to none… what do my chances look like? Is it time to just apply to post bacc and another cycle?
This was me last cycle and I didn’t get in but fingers crossed:-/

Is delayed decision less worse than waitlist?
Supposedly it's to give them more time to decide if you should be accepted or waitlisted. Per their decision email and the response that I got when I had emailed them asking for an update about two weeks ago, "they understand that this decision is disappointing, but it allows them to pace acceptances throughout the cycle." I think myself and many others here can say that it feels more like being waitlisted to be waitlisted, and to answer your question in some way, it certainly feels pretty bad. I was waitlisted last cycle here and can say being on DD for four months has indeed felt worse. At least on waitlist I had a general idea of where I stood with the school. Honestly, if it wasn't the only school I interviewed at this cycle I would have withdrawn my application already because they clearly don't care about us as human beings.

Reactions: 4 users
Hello y’all. OOS applicant who interviewed late October and got DD late January here. I sent a letter of interest back in November and while I don't want them to think I am bugging them, their official website does say "We do encourage waitlisted applicants to periodically contact the Admissions Office affirming their continued interest in the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at the University of Vermont." Since it has been four months now since I sent a LOI, should I send another one? Also, for everyone else who is in the DD purgatory, that website says their waitlist begins in May, so if they don't follow last year's trend of releasing decisions almost every Thursday (or Friday) in April, I hope we will for sure know if we are accepted or officially waitlisted in May.

Hello y’all. OOS applicant who interviewed late October and got DD late January here. I sent a letter of interest back in November and while I don't want them to think I am bugging them, their official website does say "We do encourage waitlisted applicants to periodically contact the Admissions Office affirming their continued interest in the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at the University of Vermont." Since it has been four months now since I sent a LOI, should I send another one? Also, for everyone else who is in the DD purgatory, that website says their waitlist begins in May, so if they don't follow last year's trend of releasing decisions almost every Thursday (or Friday) in April, I hope we will for sure know if we are accepted or officially waitlisted in May.
I would absolutely send another one. Also, if your previous letter was a letter of interest and you now feel that you would enroll if accepted, you can write a letter of intent, which holds more weight. (Or it should...I'm sure some people lie and write multiple letters of intent, but the idea is that you only write one.) And include any updates on your work/volunteering/research since you last contacted them. Staying in touch shows them you're still interested, if nothing else.

Not to alarm anyone but decisions were released the last two Tuesdays of April last year

Have any other in-state people been asked for, quite frankly, a ridiculous amount of "proof" that you live in VT? Like they want copies of 7 years worth of tax documents and leases? I'm not sure how much more personal information I'm willing to give them without knowing if I got in or not.

Does anyone know if they've admitted a number of students equivalent to the class size yet? Are people on DD still in the running for unfilled spots?

Does anyone know if they've admitted a number of students equivalent to the class size yet? Are people on DD still in the running for unfilled spots?
No way to know for sure

Have any other in-state people been asked for, quite frankly, a ridiculous amount of "proof" that you live in VT? Like they want copies of 7 years worth of tax documents and leases? I'm not sure how much more personal information I'm willing to give them without knowing if I got in or not.
I had to provide a bunch of tax docs, credit card statements, etc.

How often are you able to go out and hang with friends or travel? Let’s say you wanted to go away for a weekend
Pretty dependent on the individual. If you're able to study proficiently during the week, you could definitely take an entire weekend off here and there. Flying in and out of Burlington can be a pain in the ass, but a lot of people go up to Montreal or even to Boston on some of the weekends. As of now, theres not a lot of sessions with mandatory attendance (probably going to change for next year), so people are able to get extended weekends by skipping classes.

Does anyone know how long they usually take to provide an aid package after acceptance? Thanks.

I haven’t been put on DD even from a Feb interview. Is there a deadline that they have to get back to us by? Like do we have to know by 5/1 since that’s our deadline to choose our top 3?

I haven’t been put on DD even from a Feb interview. Is there a deadline that they have to get back to us by? Like do we have to know by 5/1 since that’s our deadline to choose our top 3?
Actually that's the deadline to narrow down to 1 school. April 15th was the deadline for top 3 schools.

Actually that's the deadline to narrow down to 1 school. April 15th was the deadline for top 3 schools.

Oh ok. 4/15 was listed as a suggested timeline when I last checked aamc. Either way I don’t have 3 As haha. Any insight to answer for my question?

If we haven’t heard anything since our February interview do we assume DD or waitlisted? I don’t understand the silence this close to final decisions

Reactions: 2 users
If we haven’t heard anything since our February interview do we assume DD or waitlisted? I don’t understand the silence this close to final decisions

I actually would have preferred the silence instead of DD purgatory

• Sad
  • Care
same boat, but from what I've gathered, no one who interviewed after Feb 7 has heard back. I don't think it's a matter of DD/WL, just a matter of pacing acceptances.

So we have deadlines we have to follow but schools have guidelines. Is this like the pirate's code or what? Is there anything holding these schools accountable to giving us prompt responses?

same boat, but from what I've gathered, no one who interviewed after Feb 7 has heard back. I don't think it's a matter of DD/WL, just a matter of pacing acceptances.
I was placed on DD on 4/14 after interviewing on 2/28.

• Care
  • Hmm