2023-2024 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do y’all think there will be a lot of WL movement this year? Feels like not a lot of people dropped:/

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think there’s been a lot the discord has a lot of people coming and leaving all the time
I see all the people coming but I don’t know if that’s waitlisted people joining or people who have actually been accepted since the link gets posted here and everyone can join

Reactions: 2 users
I saw in the “Help Me Decide: X vs Y Medical School” thread that someone got off the waitlist on Tuesday. Other than that, haven’t seen any movement (reported on here) this week :/
someone go persuade them to choose the other school please 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Got off the waitlist a couple days ago but I'll be withdrawing my A. Hoping it becomes someone's first A :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone get waitlisted in May? I haven’t heard back anything so I think I’m just on hold. Would love to know if I have even a slight chance

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone get waitlisted in May? I haven’t heard back anything so I think I’m just on hold. Would love to know if I have even a slight chance
Same here, i think we're both on hold and according to the office of admissions, all we can do is wait until the first day of class for some news........... 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t want to be impatient but does calling the admissions office and inquiring about waitlist movement do any good? I’m tempted but not even sure if answers would be given

Reactions: 1 user
Just ordered my transcripts for a reapp so getting off the waitlist here would be fantastic

Reactions: 1 users
When I was first WL in Jan I emailed them 2x’s with a LOI and update and got a pretty straightforward email essentially saying we don’t giva ****… then after the in person day I emailed again saying I know it doesn’t affect my application but I want to express my gratitude and I didn’t even get a response then so my subjective feeling is calling/emailing does absolutely nothing 💀

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Was accepted last week off of a Waitlist position! My first MD A! Finally happened lol

• Love
Thank you for the spot! Finally got in my first A!!!!!! Literally, right now!

• Love
  • Care
Just received my financial aid package. Does CUSM ever give any grants or scholarships?

Wondering the same thing. I haven't received my finaid package yet, however

They offer merit and financial need based scholarships. These can range from 10k a year upwards. I'm not sure how high they go now though as my information is a little out of date. I know they also offer large, if not full rides, via a certain program where you agree to serve in the Inland Empire for a certain period of time after residency. I'm not sure how many slots they have for that or how competitive it is though.

To those on the waitlist, my brief words of encouragement: I met an M1 at this school during their in-person visit day who told me she received an offer of acceptance ONE WEEK before classes began. Truly, it is not over, until it’s over. Stay strong and fight on friends, I’m rooting for all of you

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
To those on the waitlist, my brief words of encouragement: I met an M1 at this school during their in-person visit day who told me she received an offer of acceptance ONE WEEK before classes began. Truly, it is not over, until it’s over. Stay strong and fight on friends, I’m rooting for all of you
I hate that. I don't understand how medical schools are allowed to give us virtually 0 notice. For people who have to move furniture, find roommates, and find living spaces 1 week is next to impossible. Also, for those of us that have another acceptance but are holding out for another school, it's so stressful trying to wait but also having to start planning on going to the other school we've gotten an A at. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I am so grateful for having an A elsewhere. It's just cruel and frustrating knowing we could literally get an A the day before classes start. IDK maybe i'm just ranting here but i've got to believe others feel my frustration too.

Reactions: 5 users
I hate that. I don't understand how medical schools are allowed to give us virtually 0 notice. For people who have to move furniture, find roommates, and find living spaces 1 week is next to impossible. Also, for those of us that have another acceptance but are holding out for another school, it's so stressful trying to wait but also having to start planning on going to the other school we've gotten an A at. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I am so grateful for having an A elsewhere. It's just cruel and frustrating knowing we could literally get an A the day before classes start. IDK maybe i'm just ranting here but i've got to believe others feel my frustration too.
The frustration is absolutely understandable. However, schools don't typically choose to hand out acceptances last minute like that. When last minute acceptances come through its because someone else who committed to the school pulled out last minute and now the school is left with an unfilled spot. Despite the frustration involved with a last minute notice I'd say getting that spot is better than the school simply letting it go unfilled.