2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternative list via email just now. Portal changed yesterday to 14 day notice. Information session was 11/7. AIS 121. Has anyone come off the alternative list? If so- how long in between?
What campus did you put as your top?

Members don't see this ad :)
1/9 Elmira interview. Listed Erie as my top choice
At least they finally got back to you.

It's crazy, feels like most Erie/Elmira people are either getting WL or accepted OFF the WL. Feels rare there's any immediate As...

Reactions: 1 user
At least they finally got back to you.

It's crazy, feels like most Erie/Elmira people are either getting WL or accepted OFF the WL. Feels rare there's any immediate As...
I’ve been on the waitlist since September and have not heard back. Seems like the opposite to me lol

I’ve been on the waitlist since September and have not heard back. Seems like the opposite to me lol
My bad I meant more like the people who are getting acceptances seem to only be getting them off waitlists. Like I'm not seeing many who interview and then just get the A immediately after. I know many are in waiting purgatory including me (haven't heard back from my Elmira one).

My bad I meant more like the people who are getting acceptances seem to only be getting them off waitlists. Like I'm not seeing many who interview and then just get the A immediately after. I know many are in waiting purgatory including me (haven't heard back from my Elmira one).
I think its because they are still going through the people who interviewed much earlier in the cycle. I interviewed all they way in November so I am presuming they are still going through those who interviewed in December

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted. Info session 9/20🫠 ( I though it was a rejection because of the silence for so many months)
Got the email saying that I am placing high on the waitlist. I am not sure if everyone on the waitlist gets the same email. Do I need to send snail mail to confirm or I can do it online?

I just got a voicemail asking to call back if I'm still interested in my waitlist position for the PBL pathway. Not sure if that means I'm off waitlist?? Person hasn't picked up when I returned the call and I don't wanna get too happy yet D:

Update: It was a call only to confirm my interest aka i'm still waitlisted lol rip

Last edited:
I just got a voicemail asking to call back if I'm still interested in my waitlist position for the PBL pathway. Not sure if that means I'm off waitlist?? Person hasn't picked up when I returned the call and I don't wanna get too happy yet D:
When did you get waitlisted?

Waitlisted. Info session 9/20🫠 ( I though it was a rejection because of the silence for so many months)
Got the email saying that I am placing high on the waitlist. I am not sure if everyone on the waitlist gets the same email. Do I need to send snail mail to confirm or I can do it online?
I think it's snail mail only

I just scanned the waitlist form and emailed it. They sent a confirmation email and text a few days later. I'm not gonna bother sending it by mail

Hello, I’m a recently admitted student. I was wondering if there are any M3s or M4s who could answer a few questions. Thank you!

Received an A today after being waitlisted on 4/15! Info session was mid-December.

Reactions: 1 users
Wonder when LDP will start getting off of the waitlist :"( they made it seem in the info session that there are extremely limited seats for PBL but it looks like the majority of people getting off of the waitlist are from the PBL pathway

Wonder when LDP will start getting off of the waitlist :"( they made it seem in the info session that there are extremely limited seats for PBL but it looks like the majority of people getting off of the waitlist are from the PBL pathway
I’m DSP and I haven’t seen any moving from that pathway yet

Got another waitlist interest email. I’m LDP so hopefully this is a sign that we’ll start to see some movement.

Hi, I also have some questions about rotations. How does the placement work? If i want to stay in the same area/apartment as my first two years, is that possible with rotations or no? How far are the rotations usually located?

just got a call from Nathan and my heart dropped lol but unfortunately it was just to confirm my interest in remaining on the waitlist. hopefully we see some movement soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hi, I also have some questions about rotations. How does the placement work? If i want to stay in the same area/apartment as my first two years, is that possible with rotations or no? How far are the rotations usually located?

I see that you posted that you were accepted to LECOM-SH on that thread. As someone who was also accepted to LECOM-SH, you should've been receiving invitations to attend zoom info sessions; last week's was about rotations. Andrea just emailed out the zoom recording earlier this morning. I recommend watching / listening to it bc it answers all of your questions.

I see that you posted that you were accepted to LECOM-SH on that thread. As someone who was also accepted to LECOM-SH, you should've been receiving invitations to attend zoom info sessions; last week's was about rotations. Andrea just emailed out the zoom recording earlier this morning. I recommend watching / listening to it bc it answers all of your questions.
Yes, thank you! I wasn’t able to attend the meeting so I emailed her and shortly after she sent the recording.

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there are any current students in who can answer some questions on the community service opportunities on campus/with the local community, research opportunities, possible dual degree with MPH or ability to take electives similar to MPH courses, if there’s any telemedicine training, etc?

Last edited:
Are there Zoom info sessions for the Erie campus?

Are there Zoom info sessions for the Erie campus?

If you’ve been accepted and paid the deposit, then if there were Erie info sessions you would’ve been receiving emails about them from Andrea bc that’s who’s been handling the SH ones (she works for both Erie and SH it seems). If you haven’t then probably not.