2023-2024 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got an email!

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone get an email confirming they accepted their waitlist position? My icon switched to withdraw from waitlist after I accepted my waitlist so just wanted to double check

Reactions: 1 user
is anyone else still waiting for an email?

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an email confirming they accepted their waitlist position? My icon switched to withdraw from waitlist after I accepted my waitlist so just wanted to double check
mine shows the same thing after accepting WL

If anyone emails and asks when we can expect a response, let me know… I thought per guidelines they must notify by May 1

I’m guessing that’s it? I figured today was the last wave of A/WL

Members don't see this ad :)
There is still plenty of time today. Based on the wave of decisions at this time last year it seems like they will send out more decisions today. I personally would not call because I think that would annoy them, but thats just me.

There is still plenty of time today. Based on the wave of decisions at this time last year it seems like they will send out more decisions today. I personally would not call because I think that would annoy them, but thats just me.
After all that they've chosen to "annoy" me since Sept, I could think of worse ways to spend my time 💁‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Today’s the last Friday in April before the plan to enroll deadline on AAMC and still nothing since my Jan interview. I lost hope and see this as a rejection, it just sucks that they’re holding people on until the last moment.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Today’s the last Friday in April before the plan to enroll deadline on AAMC and still nothing since my Jan interview. I lost hope and see this as a rejection, it just sucks that they’re holding people on until the last moment.
I'm feeling the same way, feeling pretty defeated tonight. hang in there <3

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Mind boggling how it’s April 28th and I still heard absolutely nothing since my November interview

Reactions: 4 users
so if we haven't heard anything yet should we assume it's WL or R?

i emailed last week asking for an update to my application— no response…

Anyone suprised with their decision?

I believe that I was a very strong applicant. 52X MCAT, high GPA, very strong ECs, LORs, high preview, excellent writing, and good interview skills.

I had an excellent cycle and got a lot of love from a lot of schools.

But, UMass is my state school. At the start of the cycle I told myself that even if I strike out everywhere else, I can count on UMass to have my back. Boy was I wrong.

I am honestly suprised that I didn't get into my state school as a resident of this state who was born here and never left. The same is true for a lot of other strong applicants that got rejected.

I do know several other residents who blatantly had much weaker applications. They all got in. The common denominator for the 4 applicants I know who got it is that their fathers are all physicians. I find that really interesting.

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone suprised with their decision?

I believe that I was a very strong applicant. 52X MCAT, high GPA, very strong ECs, LORs, high preview, excellent writing, and good interview skills.

I had an excellent cycle and got a lot of love from a lot of schools.

But, UMass is my state school. At the start of the cycle I told myself that even if I strike out everywhere else, I can count on UMass to have my back. Boy was I wrong.

I am honestly suprised that I didn't get into my state school as a resident of this state who was born here and never left. The same is true for a lot of other strong applicants that got rejected.

I do know several other residents who blatantly had much weaker applications. They all got in. The common denominator for the 4 applicants I know who got it is that their fathers are all physicians. I find that really interesting.
I am in the same exact boat …

Reactions: 1 users
+1 instate R. Good luck to everyone remaining. I can finally reclaim my sanity by unsubscribing from this thread.

Feb interview. IS R. I rocked my MMI.

I am dropping all negativity associated with this school so I can focus on being excited to be a doctor at a school that wants me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Oct interview -(no communication) -> April R (IS, MD)

A note to future applicants: In general, I was very naive when I received interview invites. I thought the only thing between me and an acceptance was a bombed interview. However, I can now say it’s more complicated than that. I had two interviewers from two different schools (UMASS and another) say they hoped their institution was my top choice. Fast forward: I received a Rejection and a WL.

Also, many qualified candidates who eventually get Accepted spend time on a WL: the med school WL isn’t the same as an undergrad WL. Before my cycle, I didn’t really know how likely it was to be waitlisted after interview (Answer: very likely).

Regarding UMASS specifically: They interview 20% of total applicants (50% of in state applicants). This is a high number compared to some schools that interview only 5% of total applicants. If you receive an interview invite here, don’t dwell on this number but keep it in mind when it comes to managing expectations.

I have been very fortunate this cycle and believe I ended up where I’m supposed to be (UMASS wasn’t a perfect match and they agreed). I’m hoping other people who did not find success with UMASS have found a great fit someplace else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Post II R.

OOS.

Welp. Here we go Harvard post-bacc premed program.

Reactions: 1 users