2023-2024 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you recently accepted from the WL, how many days did they give you to accept or decline? Trying to gauge when the next round of WL acceptances might be.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a theory that i have absolutely zero backing behind but thought I’d share cause we’re all in such agony!! Someone here said that the committee met April 15 to discuss waitlist applicants and then we saw some people accepted from waitlist last week. My friend on a waitlist for a diff school (also a state school..idk if that means anything lol) said that her school’s website says that their committee meets every month on the 15th. MSU says that they do waitlist by continuously looking at all the waitlist applicants instead of just ordering them and accepting from the top. So my theory is that they’re meeting today to discuss the next applicants to take off the waitlist lol…again this is based on legitimately nothing I’m just mis

Reactions: 2 users
I have a theory that i have absolutely zero backing behind but thought I’d share cause we’re all in such agony!! Someone here said that the committee met April 15 to discuss waitlist applicants and then we saw some people accepted from waitlist last week. My friend on a waitlist for a diff school (also a state school..idk if that means anything lol) said that her school’s website says that their committee meets every month on the 15th. MSU says that they do waitlist by continuously looking at all the waitlist applicants instead of just ordering them and accepting from the top. So my theory is that they’re meeting today to discuss the next applicants to take off the waitlist lol…again this is based on legitimately nothing I’m just mis

Solid theory. Rolling with it

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah that makes sense to me lol. But in the past they have accepted people every week, unless everyone is committing to msu then that sucks cuz there will be barely any WL movement

Another theory: Maybe they’ve got a handful of applicants they want to accept after reviewing on April 15th and as the number of already accepted applicants withdraw, they pull simultaneously from apps they reviewed

Then when they’ve exhausted all the accepted students from April 15th they go through another round of reviewing and hand out the A’s once accepted applicants withdraw later down the road

Again just another theory

If it makes anyone feel better, they’ve started to answer emails

Yeah that makes sense to me lol. But in the past they have accepted people every week, unless everyone is committing to msu then that sucks cuz there will be barely any WL movement
This makes sense too. I also heard that there are many schools that are behind this cycle. I believe that most people started withdrawing after may 1st, and may be they decided to wait a bit before meeting and giving decisions. I just hope that this stress period ends soon

Did they inform you about anything

All they said was they don't have any information to offer if you're waitlisted, that the waitlist is unranked, and you should watch your email/phone at all times

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
they just emailed me back saying that there will be little movement in the next few weeks

I wish there was more communication from them. I understand the admissions process is difficult for them but at least try to be compassionate towards the applicants and relay some information to us at the very least.

Reactions: 2 users
Were you able to receive clarification on this? Does this mean that the class is basically full?
They didn’t say anything about a full class but they only said “there might be a few movement in the upcoming weeks.” Some people are still holding multiple acceptances and didn’t chose where to go yet. Also, I believe the whole admission committee must meet before removing anyone from the waitlist since it’s unranked so I believe that they wait until they get more than a spot available before meeting.

They didn’t say anything about a full class but they only said “there might be a few movement in the upcoming weeks.” Some people are still holding multiple acceptances and didn’t chose where to go yet. Also, I believe the whole admission committee must meet before removing anyone from the waitlist since it’s unranked so I believe that they wait until they get more than a spot available before meeting.
Students aren’t able to hold multiple acceptances after April 30th. The communication from the program has been very disappointing, worse than any school I applied to. Not even a response to confirm my thank you letters were forwarded or a confirmation when I asked to be taken off their waitlist. Hope they communicate with their actual students better.

Students aren’t able to hold multiple acceptances after April 30th. The communication from the program has been very disappointing, worse than any school I applied to. Not even a response to confirm my thank you letters were forwarded or a confirmation when I asked to be taken off their waitlist. Hope they communicate with their actual students better.
Took forever to get responses to my calls or emails :/

If all goes according to plan based off of previous threads (from the last 8 application cycles), movement is still going to go on until first week of June then dies down

Considering there’s only been really one day that people in this chat said they got off waitlist, best bet there’s going to be another wave - that’s just my best guess and they don’t answer emails or phone calls so no way for us to really know

Besides - Memorial Day is coming up so I’d assume that ADCOMS are going to meet this Friday and start accepting in the next couple weeks (again just my best guess)

Reactions: 1 users