2023-2024 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my A on friday! Placed on the alternate list April 6. They said transcripts will be directly downloaded from AACOMAS but my portal says they still need my transcripts. Do I need to send my transcripts to them again or will they get them from the AACOMAS? Also i tried joining the discord but it keeps saying the link is expired! Can someone recreate a link or help me join it?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got my A on friday! Placed on the alternate list April 6. They said transcripts will be directly downloaded from AACOMAS but my portal says they still need my transcripts. Do I need to send my transcripts to them again or will they get them from the AACOMAS? Also i tried joining the discord but it keeps saying the link is expired! Can someone recreate a link or help me join it?
you probably don't need to worry about sending them your transcripts again, they can just get it from AACOMAS and per my experience with another school they just need to manually put it in and uncheck the box for you so it will be done eventually when they get to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone doing the Precision Medicine dual degree? I am very torn and would like to hear of anyone’s experiences with the program

Last edited:
Anyone doing the Precision Medicine dual degree? I am very torn and would like to hear of anyone’s experiences with the program
I don't know anyone that chose to do it but IMO after doing 2 years at AZCOM, I wouldn't. You will have enough demands on your time with the ABCDF grading & mandatory stuff. It also gets done partly over summer, which I strongly recommend you take off and enjoy.
Ultimately, it's just another way for them to get $40k more out of you.

Reactions: 1 users
My accepted checklist popped up today. No email or call, but am I safe to assume that means I got in??

Last edited:
My accepted checklist popped up today. No email or call, but am I safe to assume that means I got the A??
If you already checked your spam and the email was not there, I believe it will come later. Mine also comes after the portal shows acceptance. Congratulations!

My accepted checklist popped up today. No email or call, but am I safe to assume that means I got in??
congratulations! who else is checking their portal many times a day everyday hoping to see that accepted checklist pop up? lol🙌, and should we send an LOI now since they're reviewing the alternate list?

Was just offered an interview... after being waitlisted for an interview on 9/7/23...

Reactions: 4 users
I got the email that asked if I was still interested in interviewing after being on the interview waitlist since 8/29

I guess if interviews had to be extended until May then that's good news for the post-II waitlisted applicants

Members don't see this ad :)
Questions for current AZCOM students :)

1) How early can you start your clinical electives, second half of M4? Ideally I'd like to have opportunity for elective clinical sites prior to applying to residencies.
2) Assuming one does not get accepted into the competitive Research Fellowship, are you content with the research and extra curricular opportunities available to students?
3) Do you have dedicated prep time for board exams?
4) Can you take a mock COMLEX before taking the real one?

TYIA!!!

Questions for current AZCOM students :)

1) How early can you start your clinical electives, second half of M4? Ideally I'd like to have opportunity for elective clinical sites prior to applying to residencies.
2) Assuming one does not get accepted into the competitive Research Fellowship, are you content with the research and extra curricular opportunities available to students?
3) Do you have dedicated prep time for board exams?
4) Can you take a mock COMLEX before taking the real one?

TYIA!!!

1) You get 1-2 electives in M3, depending on where they send you otherwise. You tell them what specialties you want & they'll try to find you something. Most of the rotation sites, they can tell you what's available for electives before you do the lottery.

2) Yeah, I am SO GLAD I didn't apply for that thing. Yeah, you get posters & pubs out of it but... so did a lot of other people who didn't slave away all summer. You can do just as well on your own without the mandatory commitment and formality. Idk about you, but working 40+ hrs a week pipetting stuff for a $600/week check does not sound worth it. Enjoy your summer.

3) M2 finals ended in late April. We can schedule boards anytime until rotations start on July 8.

4) There's 2 "mock" exams. One is the FBS comprehensive thing in March. The other is a COMSAE in April.
A 400 is equivalent to a pass for COMLEX. If you get under a 450 on the COMSAE, they insist you have to meet with the dean of academics or his assistant to do a study plan & sit another one before they "let" you take boards. I don't know how they enforce that, given that they signed all our permits already; they say it's a "violation of policy", whatever consequences that may have.

1) You get 1-2 electives in M3, depending on where they send you otherwise. You tell them what specialties you want & they'll try to find you something. Most of the rotation sites, they can tell you what's available for electives before you do the lottery.

2) Yeah, I am SO GLAD I didn't apply for that thing. Yeah, you get posters & pubs out of it but... so did a lot of other people who didn't slave away all summer. You can do just as well on your own without the mandatory commitment and formality. Idk about you, but working 40+ hrs a week pipetting stuff for a $600/week check does not sound worth it. Enjoy your summer.

3) M2 finals ended in late April. We can schedule boards anytime until rotations start on July 8.

4) There's 2 "mock" exams. One is the FBS comprehensive thing in March. The other is a COMSAE in April.
A 400 is equivalent to a pass for COMLEX. If you get under a 450 on the COMSAE, they insist you have to meet with the dean of academics or his assistant to do a study plan & sit another one before they "let" you take boards. I don't know how they enforce that, given that they signed all our permits already; they say it's a "violation of policy", whatever consequences that may have.
Thank you soooo much!! I've been fortunate to get accepted into two schools and was unsure how to proceed! This is very helpful! ❤️❤️

I just called admissions to ask when they will pull people off the alternate list since I didn't notice much movement. Unfortunately I didn't get an answer as to when but they did told me that the alternate list gets priority over the waitlist, which is reassuring although I thought there is only one list? It also seems that the alternate list will be ranked since they will review the applications again when spots open. From what I saw in last year's thread movement doesn't really happens until end of May, but to have to wait another 2 weeks is like an eternity rn. :confused:

Last edited: