2023-2024 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the background check for this school really $150?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email today with instructions to submit letters of intent or withdraw my application, here is the exact phrasing:

"You are receiving this message because your application is still under consideration for the Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine 2023-2024 application cycle.
We are currently offering an opportunity to submit updates or letters of intent. If you are still interested in interviewing with CCOM, please send your materials to me at [email protected].
Alternatively, if you are no longer pursuing a seat with CCOM, simply respond to this email and we will withdraw your application for you."

Does this mean they have extra interview spots still? And do I have to submit a letter of interest to be considered? This is rather confusing because CCOM is the only school that has not yet outright rejected or interviewed me.

I got an email today with instructions to submit letters of intent or withdraw my application, here is the exact phrasing:

"You are receiving this message because your application is still under consideration for the Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine 2023-2024 application cycle.
We are currently offering an opportunity to submit updates or letters of intent. If you are still interested in interviewing with CCOM, please send your materials to me at [email protected].
Alternatively, if you are no longer pursuing a seat with CCOM, simply respond to this email and we will withdraw your application for you."

Does this mean they have extra interview spots still? And do I have to submit a letter of interest to be considered? This is rather confusing because CCOM is the only school that has not yet outright rejected or interviewed me.
I had a similar email a few months ago and received an interview right after sending an update letter

Reactions: 1 user

I don’t get why they do this when people are basically just interviewing for the WL at this point. And there already is a Wl that’s had very little movement… make it make sense

Well It is less than ideal but I would not turn my nose up at a potential interview even this late in the applications since I am still on wait lists for other schools and am not yet committed.

same

Reactions: 1 user
I was invited for an interview (and would be honored to interview) but there are no spots open to schedule an interview :/