2023-2024 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yooo I just received an II here 30 minutes ago.

I guess they are still interviewing??

So people who haven’t heard back don’t lose hope yet

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yooo I just received an II here 30 minutes ago.

I guess they are still interviewing??

So people who haven’t heard back don’t lose hope yet
Wow, nice! Still haven’t heard back from them since sending in the secondary, I’m still gonna go with the assumption that I’m rejected though.

Honestly, very interesting that they are still sending out interview invites this late in the cycle. Especially if they are trying to pare down the waitlist with that survey.

Hopefully they will send a new link in the morning that works properly. I emailed them indicating my interest, but I won't feel safe until I've actually done the survey.

Honestly, very interesting that they are still sending out interview invites this late in the cycle. Especially if they are trying to pare down the waitlist with that survey.

Hopefully they will send a new link in the morning that works properly. I emailed them indicating my interest, but I won't feel safe until I've actually done the survey.

I’m in the same boat as you now

Yeah I was surprised too, I had already marked this school as a rejection tbh

Has anyone’s emails received any response lately?

I'm sure they left the office shortly after 5pm. They'll more than likely send out another email in the morning.

Hey I mean since the interview. No confirmation for my LOI or updates.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Hey I mean since the interview. No confirmation for my LOI or updates.
Oh, sorry 😂 I misunderstood. The only email I got after sending my LOI + updates was an automatic replay stating that they had been received.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood. The only email I got after sending my LOI + updates was an automatic replay stating that they had been received.

I haven’t even received those since my first update lmaoo

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone not get that email asking for continued interest? I am PTE somewhere else but I was hoping for an in-state option. Does anyone know if med schools can see what acceptances you've gotten at this point?

Did anyone not get that email asking for continued interest? I am PTE somewhere else but I was hoping for an in-state option. Does anyone know if med schools can see what acceptances you've gotten at this point?
I believe all WL candidates received the form, not 100% sure though

It is possible they are only considering applicants without a PTE or CTE, then. Who knows, though 🤷🏻‍♂️
I thought even if you marked a school as PTE, you would still be considered on any school's waitlist?

I thought even if you marked a school as PTE, you would still be considered on any school's waitlist?
I’m not sure. It’s also possible they only sent that email to a portion of the waitlist. There’s really no way to know.

My understanding is that after April 30th schools can see how many acceptances and WLs you have, but they can not see to which schools.
At the end of the cycle they are able to see all that specific information, but not now.

I beleive it is ok to have PTE somewhere and come off of a WL and have another acceptance. Schools understand that some applicants may be holding more than one acceptance while they wait for financial aid packages and consider/compare their options.

Reactions: 1 users
My understanding is that after April 30th schools can see how many acceptances and WLs you have, but they can not see to which schools.
At the end of the cycle they are able to see all that specific information, but not now.

I beleive it is ok to have PTE somewhere and come off of a WL and have another acceptance. Schools understand that some applicants may be holding more than one acceptance while they wait for financial aid packages and consider/compare their options.
I thought this too but for some reason NSU marked me as “no long in consideration” ? They marked me on May 1st.. not sure why. I did mark a school as PTE. Is there anyone else who put PTE but still received the interested email? Or maybe someone else who put PTE and also is marked as no longer under consideration? Maybe they also just straight up rejected me after being on the WL? Idk😭😭😭😭

I thought this too but for some reason NSU marked me as “no long in consideration” ? They marked me on May 1st.. not sure why. I did mark a school as PTE. Is there anyone else who put PTE but still received the interested email? Or maybe someone else who put PTE and also is marked as no longer under consideration? Maybe they also just straight up rejected me after being on the WL? Idk😭😭😭😭
how do you see you aren’t considered? just curious

Anyone else interviewing next week? Really wondering what it will be like since it’s so late in the cycle for an interview
When is your interview date? I’m wondering if they are gonna wait to do waitlist movement until after that.

I hope so, I really wanna go here
Me too. It has everything I want in a medical school, I’m in a position where moving to the area wouldn’t be difficult, etc. It seems like the stars are lined up, I just need that A 🤞

Hello! As someone without a car, is it doable to attend this school during my pre-clinical years without a car? What are my best options?

Hello! As someone without a car, is it doable to attend this school during my pre-clinical years without a car? What are my best options?

Hello! It is difficult to do much in Miami without a car. A lot of things are very far apart with poor public transport . If you live on or near NSU you can probably get away with it but it may not be easy

1+, also would like to know about this
@spiderpunk! you should be getting an invite from onboarding about joining the official class groupme, and in that group we have the roommate groupme. we also have a casual groupchat where we get to know each other and communicate amongst ourselves :D

• Care