2023-2024 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not sure if this will help since I’m still on the WL! But I’m gonna withdraw my app. Hopefully this helps with more waitlist movement for everyone still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Spoke with admissions and they said there will be a lot movement starting now until the end of the month

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Spoke with admissions and they said there will be a lot movement starting now until the end of the month
Gosh I hope they start today! I’m literally on my toes for a call all day every day. I’m so scared! I’ve been on the HPWL since 2/28 and I’m dying 🙃

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Gosh I hope they start today! I’m literally on my toes for a call all day every day. I’m so scared! I’ve been on the HPWL since 2/28 and I’m dying 🙃
same! except since 2/29

YAYYYYY JUST GOT ACCCCCEEEPTEDDDD!!!
Got off of hpwl. Am IS

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Could a current student tell me about what the retention, graduation, and match rates are like for Rowan? There were some differences between what's on Rowan's website and what's on the "Student Right to Know" page.

Could a current student tell me about what the retention, graduation, and match rates are like for Rowan? There were some differences between what's on Rowan's website and what's on the "Student Right to Know" page.
Current student here. The "Performance Outcomes" page of the website was recently updated, that is the most accurate source for those numbers.

How likely is it that there will be movement for the Sewell campus. I’m afraid a lot of the movement will be for Stratford. Is it possible for someone on the waitlist for pbl Sewell to get called off the list and placed at Stratford? Gosh I’m anxious lol

How likely is it that there will be movement for the Sewell campus. I’m afraid a lot of the movement will be for Stratford. Is it possible for someone on the waitlist for pbl Sewell to get called off the list and placed at Stratford? Gosh I’m anxious lol
Hopefully ton of movement will happen soon. If you’re campus preferences changed, you should let admissions know so they can update your file.

Hopefully ton of movement will happen soon. If you’re campus preferences changed, you should let admissions know so they can update your file.
They haven’t changed but like if there are no open spots at Sewell I would still love to go to Stratford. My main goal is to start this year. I’ve been on the waitlist since Feb so I’m def feeling a little antsy to hopefully get off soon before pre matric!

They haven’t changed but like if there are no open spots at Sewell I would still love to go to Stratford. My main goal is to start this year. I’ve been on the waitlist since Feb so I’m def feeling a little antsy to hopefully get off soon before pre matric!
someone can correct me if i’m wrong or if i misunderstood but at the open house they did mention that PBL students will sometimes have classes at either campus regardless of which one they were accepted to

edit: also it’s totally normal to feel anxious, it’s a very.. anxious time right now 😂 just try to keep your mind off it and do something you enjoy while you wait for a phone call. they’ll call before you know it, fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Last edited:
someone can correct me if i’m wrong or if i misunderstood but at the open house they did mention that PBL students will sometimes have classes at either campus regardless of which one they were accepted to
This is true for PBL yes.

edit: also it’s totally normal to feel anxious, it’s a very.. anxious time right now 😂 just try to keep your mind off it and do something you enjoy while you wait for a phone call. they’ll call before you know it, fingers crossed 🤞🏻
This was so sweet I’m currently at my lab job constantly checking my phone lol I hope you get a call too, then we can be anxious about school work together lol 🤪

• Care
This was so sweet I’m currently at my lab job constantly checking my phone lol I hope you get a call too, then we can be anxious about school work together lol 🤪
agreed! there will be plenty of time to be anxious 😂 we should enjoy the time we have right now

Waiting this long is actually killing me inside

same.. im in pain.. been waiting since feb

• Care
Every spam call I get now sends me into a nervous wreck, I wish we had more of a timeline on when these calls usually happen.

Reactions: 2 users
Every spam call I get now sends me into a nervous wreck, I wish we had more of a timeline on when these calls usually happen.
Same here, I really and strongly feel like every medical school should have hard deadlines to follow when it comes to WL movement prior to the start of classes. Institutions have admission departments for a reason and although it might make things a little busier for them this process still takes roughly a year (give or take) to finalize a class size and they receive thousands of applications where most charge $ for primary/secondary apps so feel like they have plenty of time to make these decisions. The least they can do for us is give us a solid month or at least 2 weeks before classes start, regardless of whether you're WL or not, to alleviate all the stress and uncertainty we feel and be able to move/settle into a new apartment before classes start. Sorry, just had to rant b/c I'm anxiously waiting still lol

Reactions: 2 users
Same here, I really and strongly feel like every medical school should have hard deadlines to follow when it comes to WL movement prior to the start of classes. Institutions have admission departments for a reason and although it might make things a little busier for them this process still takes roughly a year (give or take) to finalize a class size and they receive thousands of applications where most charge $ for primary/secondary apps so feel like they have plenty of time to make these decisions. The least they can do for us is give us a solid month or at least 2 weeks before classes start, regardless of whether you're WL or not, to alleviate all the stress and uncertainty we feel and be able to move/settle into a new apartment before classes start. Sorry, just had to rant b/c I'm anxiously waiting still lol
You’re absolutely right. I don’t know about other people, but for me I need enough time to get myself mentally and physically prepared for something as big as med school. The closer it gets to the start of classes the more nervous I get because I’m afraid that I would have a rough beginning just due to not getting off the waitlist in a timely manner. For the money and time we’ve invested in this whole process, I think we at least deserve a hard deadline for acceptances and waitlist movement.

You’re absolutely right. I don’t know about other people, but for me I need enough time to get myself mentally and physically prepared for something as big as med school. The closer it gets to the start of classes the more nervous I get because I’m afraid that I would have a rough beginning just due to not getting off the waitlist in a timely manner. For the money and time we’ve invested in this whole process, I think we at least deserve a hard deadline for acceptances and waitlist movement.
That’s what I am saying, I’ve been on the waitlist since feb and they told us at the open house that may to July is big for movement but when asked about more info they always say they can’t give out that information. I just wish they could be more transparent. I’m in state but will have to get an apartment closer to the campus and that means I need time to do that, I’m terrified of not having enough time to settle in before starting such a big undertaking. Overall I just feel like this is a super tough place to put students who paid all this money in mentally!

agreed! there will be plenty of time to be anxious 😂 we should enjoy the time we have right now
Just my two cents here as someone also on the HPWL since Feb. But this sentiment is spot on! I spoke to several current MS1s at the open house who were all on the HPWL at one point in time. One of them hadn't heard back till the first week of classes that they would be starting the year after. While this timing is hardly ideal, it's out of our control entirely and their best piece of advice was also to enjoy this time now and do the things bring you joy w/ friends and family etc. Everyone experiences living and learning adjustments their first term in med school, ours might just be a little more than the avg med student. Especially if you're on the HPWL, your years of effort have paid off and you're going to med school! Grateful Rowan offers such an option which beats the typical waitlist seen at virtually every other school.

• Hmm
1000177565.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Hey guys, Please fill out this tracker! I've seen other schools use this, so I made one for RowanSOM. Might help while we anxiously wait and can also be a good tool for future applicants! For those who get in by the end of the cycle, please update your info!!