2023-2024 Rutgers (New Jersey)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you think it's okay to have overlap btwn 4 and 5? for ex, one of the reasons why I took a gap yr was to work on improving my mcat (4) but this could also be used in my answer to 5. or should I try to be more explicit and avoid repeating?
Well depending on what you're doing during your year you could say you wanted clinical experience, research experience, etc that would avoid overlap

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
7/11 complete, 7/17 II, 7/25 interview. Was told in dean's session to wait up till a month to hear back. No news is good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone gotten deferred? Do deferrals come in quicker than an acceptance usually?

has anyone gotten deferred? Do deferrals come in quicker than an acceptance usually?
I would hope so. If they know they are going to defer you, I would hope they would have the courtesy of letting you know ASAP.

secondary question:
We recognize that our applicant pool is multidimensional. Please help us learn more about you by sharing any background information you feel is important or that has influenced your lived experiences, educational journey, opportunities, etc.

should we answer this regardless or only if we have something truly significant?
I'm wondering the same thing. I already discussed my life experiences in the other essays

Anyone have any thoughts if the "challenges not addressed elsewhere" is optional? A bit lost on how to answer it since there was already a challenge question, and I'm not sure if it applies to me
that one is optional. Technically only the 1st two questions are required to submit (they turn red if you hit save when the page is empty)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a 2nd interview invite today. First interview was 7/19.

Not me specifically, they just said that sometimes "additional information is needed prior to rendering a decision".
If you don’t mind let us know if it’s a good bad or neutral thing

Question about the connections to NJ prompt: As a New York resident, would it be inappropriate or off-putting if I write this statement about how the challenges/ needs of the NJ and NY communities are similar and as such I'd be interested in serving the NJ community? I'm not sure if this will be read as NJ is my "plan b" or if this can show a real connection to the region and community. Would love to hear any thoughts and sugguestions!

Question about the connections to NJ prompt: As a New York resident, would it be inappropriate or off-putting if I write this statement about how the challenges/ needs of the NJ and NY communities are similar and as such I'd be interested in serving the NJ community? I'm not sure if this will be read as NJ is my "plan b" or if this can show a real connection to the region and community. Would love to hear any thoughts and sugguestions!
I wouldn't. Without doing clinical stuff in NJ, how would you know? I've lived in both states and they are not the same.

What you can do is compare your experiences in an inner city of New York to Newark. Or an underserved urban population in general that you worked with.

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn't. Without doing clinical stuff in NJ, how would you know? I've lived in both states and they are not the same.

What you can do is compare your experiences in an inner city of New York to Newark. Or an underserved urban population in general that you worked with.
Thank you!

What are the possible outcomes after an ED interview? Is it either acceptance or rejection, or do they defer as well?

How about if I have family that lives in multiple parts of New Jersey, I did sperm banking in Basking Ridge, and my dad works for a company based in New Providence? Would that work?

Has every acceptance call been on a Sunday? Would rather not be checking my phone all day every day.
Just got off the phone with the Dean about an hour ago. Interviewed 7/19.
That’s so awesome congrats!

Is it still worth to submit my secondary here after all the interviews, im OOS

Got off the phone with the dean about 30 min ago! interviewed 7/19

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone that’s getting an acceptance! Tossing in the NJMS 2028 GroupMe here again :)

got an RD II (complete 7/20 LM 82) last night...they reserved a slot for me tomorrow? Is this normal? Anyone have any interview advice?

Have any RD applicants not received a secondary yet...? Transmitted on day 1...

got an RD II (complete 7/20 LM 82) last night...they reserved a slot for me tomorrow? Is this normal? Anyone have any interview advice?

I also got mine reserved and had it within 2-3 days of notification. Not sure what it really means tho. Interview was light, just be yourself and prepare the standard questions.

I also got mine reserved and had it within 2-3 days of notification. Not sure what it really means tho. Interview was light, just be yourself and prepare the standard questions.
Me too! Does anyone know why the dean would reserve a specific slot for you?

Does anyone know how NJMS weighs interviews for ED specifically? Dean Heinrich mentioned in the Session with the Deans that NJMS heavily pre screens before sending II for ED. Does that mean a good interview gets you in and a bad interview sinks you? Also, does anyone know the Post II acceptance rates for ED? The total Post II Acceptance rate is about 50% according to some data from last year, but that isn't ED specific, which I hear is higher.