2023-2024 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the curriculum more lecture-based or problem-based learning? How many mandatory in-person things are there per week?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does Stanford send any pretty packages to accepted students? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Are waitlisted people still eligible for financial aid? Does stanford match offers ?

What does wl movement look like for stanford?

Now that this year’s match list is public, does anyone have any insight into why there are only 68 listed matches for a class size of 90?

Is it just that more people than usual chose to opt out of sharing this year? Or perhaps there was a spike in students taking 5+ years? For reference, match lists in previous years had 75 in 2023, 82 in 2022, 93 in 2021, 81 in 2020, 82 in 2019, etc.

Edit: Hmm, guess I did not go far back enough. There were 62 in 2018, 67 in 2017, 74 in 2016, 74 in 2015, not posted 2014, 87 in 2013, 70 in 2012, 85 in 2011, 89 in 2010. Since 68 is within the previously observed range, it's probably nothing to be concerned about.
There isn't really anything special to say about the 68 publicly listed matches. For the entering class of 2020, more people are in MD/PhD programs or in MD/MBA programs (among other pursuits) compared to prior years. Next year it may swing back in the other direction. Since people from Stanford often decide to take extra years to graduate (~70-80% of students from each class take more than 4 years), there will be more variance in terms of the size of each graduating class compared with other schools.

For people who applied for financial aid, is it correct that we have to submit the 2021 federal tax return instead of the 2022 federal tax return? I feel like I submitted my parents' 2022 federal tax returns for other schools.

No, we should submit the 2022!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 5.15.01 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 5.15.01 PM.png
    282.1 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: 1 users
We are all still waiting on financial aid offers right? I can't believe we don't have this info and have to choose a school like ten days after second look o_O

Also is everyone's FAFSA still listed as in process? (IK this school may not really use it, just checking!)

We are all still waiting on financial aid offers right? I can't believe we don't have this info and have to choose a school like ten days after second look o_O

Also is everyone's FAFSA still listed as in process? (IK this school may not really use it, just checking!)
Apparently a small batch of FAFSA's were disbursed to schools, but most people's FAFSAs are still being processed.

IS WL —> R good luck to other WLs and congrats to everyone who got accepted!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
^ same WL --> R :cryi: Ugh this sucks so much I was definitely not expecting to hear this early. But I guess that's better than being strung along..

• Care
IS WL —> R good luck to other WLs and congrats to everyone who got accepted!

+1 - not surprised, thought my interview went meh

gg’s everybody - wishing the best of luck for others on the WL!

Jokes on them, now I get to enjoy that Socal weather /s

• Care
OOS WL -> R. Super fast turnover lol, I don't rate the west coast anyways :rolleyes:

• Care
for the wl->R people, what did the email say? I didn't think they'd be rejecting people from the waitlist until after april 30th

+1 OOS WL-> R
for the WL --> R crew, did you guys just hear back today
Yes
for the wl->R people, what did the email say? I didn't think they'd be rejecting people from the waitlist until after april 30th
"The Committee on Admissions has carefully evaluated your application to Stanford Medicine and has decided to decline your application from further consideration. A position in the upcoming entering class will not be offered.

Each year we must decline many bright, promising, and accomplished applicants. I trust that you will find a place at a medical school where you will work towards a successful career in medicine. Please be aware that neither feedback on the application nor explanation of committee decisions will be provided to declined candidates.

We thank you for the time and energy invested in your application to Stanford Medicine and for your patience during the admissions process. We wish you the best in your pursuit of a career in medicine."

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
+1 OOS WL-> R

Yes

"The Committee on Admissions has carefully evaluated your application to Stanford Medicine and has decided to decline your application from further consideration. A position in the upcoming entering class will not be offered.

Each year we must decline many bright, promising, and accomplished applicants. I trust that you will find a place at a medical school where you will work towards a successful career in medicine. Please be aware that neither feedback on the application nor explanation of committee decisions will be provided to declined candidates.

We thank you for the time and energy invested in your application to Stanford Medicine and for your patience during the admissions process. We wish you the best in your pursuit of a career in medicine."
they didnt deserve u my goat

• Care
I got my financial aid package from Stanford. It is not as great as one of the other schools I have been accepted to which offers maximum unit loans (120k in total loans here versus 40k in total loans there). Has anyone had success with negotiating financial aid packages?

Was there a button we had to click to accept a position on the waitlist? Or were we automatically added to if after receiving the email?

Just processed the R probably the most painful one this cycle. Congratulations to everyone that was accepted!

• Care
Does anyone know if there's a Stanford GroupMe/Facebook group? If so, does anyone have any estimates as to how many students are in the group? I’m trying to gage if there will be waitlist movement or not 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if there's a Stanford GroupMe/Facebook group? If so, does anyone have any estimates as to how many students are in the group? I’m trying to gage if there will be waitlist movement or not 😅
There’s like 130 ppl in it not including M1s