2023-2024 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
I am hoping maybe the next surge is this week. Fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad :)
A!!!! Feeling very relieved.

Reactions: 1 users
IS A, interviewed 10/20. Super happy to be accepted but still waiting to hear back from other schools. The acceptance letter says there's an enrollment deadline in December, is there any way to hold onto this acceptance while waiting to hear back? Thanks!

IS A, interviewed 10/20. Super happy to be accepted but still waiting to hear back from other schools. The acceptance letter says there's an enrollment deadline in December, is there any way to hold onto this acceptance while waiting to hear back? Thanks!
If you go on AAMC website, you can find a refresher on deadlines for holding multiple acceptances! You don't have to start narrowing down until April.

Got the A around 12:15 too 😭😭😭 it’s my first one so I can hardly believe it. I interviewed 10/24!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
You're invited to my new group 'RSOM Accepted Students class of 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Alright y'all :)

Looks like this round was for people who interviewed in October? So for us November interviewees we might hear back next month?

Anyone have any interview advice? This is my first traditional interview
Read through your primary and secondary application. Practice answering the “why doctor, why this school” questions. Also make sure you can explain your research well if you did any.

• Love
Anyone have any interview advice? This is my first traditional interview
Read through your primary and secondary application. Practice answering the “why doctor, why this school” questions. Also make sure you can explain your research well if you did any.
I def agree with Thegreateone123, know your primary and secondary like the back of your hand. In my experience the interview was super conversational and chill. Just make sure you go in prepared, smiling, confident and enthusiastic. Def know why Stony brook, and incorporate programs or anything about Stony Brook that you feel resonates with you in some of your responses if you can (ofc don't always force it).

• Love
II,!!!! International, complete 7/25

• Love
IS II! Complete 9/18, dates available in early February

• Love
Any current students know if they give out iPads and Apple Pencils? If so, which model?

My current iPad is crapping out on me but if they’re providing iPads then I might as well wait

Any current students know if they give out iPads and Apple Pencils? If so, which model?

My current iPad is crapping out on me but if they’re providing iPads then I might as well wait
Yes, lowest model with medium storage, and with a pencil. You can't trade it into apple store for a different one. Some students sell theirs online and use the money to buy a better model or a new laptop.

WL. Interviewed 10/20. Feeling pretty defeated about this one (and my life in general right now) but we'll bounce back.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
WL interviewed early november. Do we know how much movement there typically is on the WL?

WL interviewed early november. Do we know how much movement there typically is on the WL?
same here! i believe somewhere it mentioned that 30-50% get moved due to accepted students choosing another school or not responding in time.

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 9.01.29 AM.png

From the 2024 MSAR Waitlist Procedures Report. Guessing it's some sort of an estimate.

From CycleTrack it looks like Stony Brook stop sending IIs after December, so I guess if we haven't heard back now it's basically over?

• Sad
  • Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Are the interviews open-file or closed-file? No details on MSAR or the portal documents other than "standard".