2023-2024 UT Houston (McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 OOS completed 6/19

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Lol, waking up and seeing that people got IIs at 9 PM is gonna have me refreshing my email in my sleep! 😂😭

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just checked and received II earlier today! LM 76.5 IS ORM 6/26 complete super grateful!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
what are these LM things people say? I want to be as helpful as possible to other people in this community so I will look up how to include mine,
sorry if this is a stupid question!

LizzyM Score. Just google it, there is a calculator where you put your stats. Your score would be 77 if I'm correct which is very high!

what are these LM things people say? I want to be as helpful as possible to other people in this community so I will look up how to include mine,
sorry if this is a stupid question!
You will find LizzyM under calculators in the menu - just plug in your gpa and mcat and you get that number.

Reactions: 1 user
How can we factor in a graduate GPA into LM?

Old MCAT used to be out of 45. The score reflected GPA x 10 + MCAT. The calculator converts the score to old score based on percentiles and gives you LizzyM score that is still on an 85 scale.

It looks like they are going through sequentially and giving II, if I am not mistaken? Looks iffy for my 6/12 completion date :(

It looks like they are going through sequentially and giving II, if I am not mistaken? Looks iffy for my 6/12 completion date :(
Keep the faith! It’s extremely hard to stay hopeful, but this is the part that’s truly out of our hands. II aren’t purely chronological. Once November/December comes, then we can all mourn a bit together :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I have posted before on this - McGovern does not admit a lot of people early because they hold spots for each round and then match a majority of the students during match.

People are not interviewed based on their application date at McGovern.

Reactions: 6 users
I’m nervous as well because I was complete on 6/4 and haven't heard anything.

Last edited:
Same same. This is my dream school too. 6/3

I’m nervous as well because I was complete on 6/4 and haven't heard anything.
I was completed on 5/30 so I feel your pain but it’s not over until the cycle is over!! Have faith in yourself

Hi for everyone who is worrying about submitting earlier and not receiving a II, don't lose hope! If it is any comfort, I'm not sure of Mcgovern's review process but last cycle, my friend completed early July and did not receive a II until December. She is now an MS1 there! In contrast, I submitted mid-August and got an interview in October. The waiting is rough, but you got this - the interviews have really just begun.

Reactions: 14 users
Hi for everyone who is worrying about submitting earlier and not receiving a II, don't lose hope! If it is any comfort, I'm not sure of Mcgovern's review process but last cycle, my friend completed early July and did not receive a II until December. She is now an MS1 there! In contrast, I submitted mid-August and got an interview in October. The waiting is rough, but you got this - the interviews have really just begun.
The reassurance is always appreciated. Thanks friend!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
To anyone who’s slowly dying because of the waiting game: you ARE enough, you WILL be a doctor, believe in yourself because not many get to this point. Wishing everyone the best of luck and blessings in this cycle!!!

• Care
I was about to close my eyes and get some peaceful sleep and then remembered McGovern sent those 9 PM invites that one time! 😂

GIF by Gotham

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
IS II!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Did y’all receive secondaries about 5 days after your app was transmitted? I think McGovern and UTMB are the two schools that would wait several days instead of immediately the next day to send secondaries invites, right? I’m trying to figure out which secondaries to prioritize

Did y’all receive secondaries about 5 days after your app was transmitted? I think McGovern and UTMB are the two schools that would wait several days instead of immediately the next day to send secondaries invites, right? I’m trying to figure out which secondaries to prioritize
A&M, McGovern, UTMB, and Baylor I received the day after. UTSW 2 days after, UH a week after!

OOS II just received! 4Q casper no ties

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Do all II get sent out at the same time on the days they are sent or do they get sent out periodically as the day goes on?

Do all II get sent out at the same time on the days they are sent or do they get sent out periodically as the day goes on?
These things are not instantaneous, which is good because sending out batch emails has backfired at times at other schools which have accidentally told everyone on the mailing list they were accepted and then had to take it back! (p.s. it was not a Texas school this happened at, but the "world famous Mayo Clinic" a couple of years back)

Last edited:
  • Wow
These things are not instantaneous, which is good because sending out batch emails has backfired at times at other schools which have accidentally told everyone on the mailing list they were accepted and then had to take it back!
Thank you for your reply

Meowing didn’t work for McGovern. Hopefully they send a few more IIs

• Haha
  • Care
OOS II. LM 76. ORM but lots of experience working with Spanish speaking populations.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users