2023-2024 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else notice a "Mentor Mixer" link in the document status section? It's beneath my undergrad LOR receipt. IA: 9/1
I also see this, but I can't say for sure if it's always been there and I just didn't notice or if it's new šŸ˜‚

Members don't see this ad.

Have you already had an interview? I have it on mine, and have already completed my interview.
It is on my portal, but I have not gotten an II. I think it is probably there for everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
Was waiting for some news today, but it looks like it's all radio silence over here!

Reactions: 1 user
Was waiting for some news today, but it looks like it's all radio silence over here!
Yeah looks like they historically wait a few days/weeks after traffic rules open to begin shooting em out

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah looks like they historically wait a few days/weeks after traffic rules open to begin shooting em out
That is good to know, thank you! Here's hoping we all get some good news soon :)

does first round come out today?
That is good to know, thank you! Here's hoping we all get some good news soon :)

AAMC and AMCAS Traffic Rules​

does first round come out today?

AAMC and AMCAS Traffic Rules​

Yes! Typically it's on October 15th, but due to it being on the weekend, a number of schools waited until today.

I found first round A for UU medical in last 5 years

oct 18,2018 Thursday

10/17 2019 Thursday

Oct 21, 2020 Wednesday

Oct 27, 2021 Wednesday

Oct 18, 2022 Tuesday

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
hi friends ā—”Ģˆ iā€™ve done some research and iā€™m aware that MMI is closed file, but does the traditional interviewer have access to my grades? iā€™m going in as a low stat student obviously and am curious if it would be helpful to practice answering questions about my GPA/MCAT. did anyone get asked about their grades?

hi friends ā—”Ģˆ iā€™ve done some research and iā€™m aware that MMI is closed file, but does the traditional interviewer have access to my grades? iā€™m going in as a low stat student obviously and am curious if it would be helpful to practice answering questions about my GPA/MCAT. did anyone get asked about their grades?
Traditional is closed file as well!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone receive an ii as a true OOS applicant (east coast)? i.e: didnā€™t go to school there ?

Just got the call for A!!!! Lets go! Home court

3:15pm MT, interviewed 9/15

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got the call for A, ~3 pm MT. Interviewed 9/11

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats everyone!

Radio silence for me. Interviewed 9/15. I feel like I'm going to get the R.

It's so early guys so many spots left. You're up next! I imagine they can only make so many calls in a day before get they exhausted lol

Congrats everyone!

i read somewhere in a previous thread that they only give out 10-20% ish of their class seats before march

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats everyone!

Although the suspense is tough, I talked to someone who interviewed in August last year and didnā€™t hear back from Utah until January and received an A then.

Although the suspense is tough, I talked to someone who interviewed in August last year and didnā€™t hear back from Utah until January and received an A then.
Manifesting this for myself! Thank you!

Amazing and congrats to everyone! Wondering Toast, do you have ties to UT?
Yep went here for undergrad, been here since I was 5. In state for everything and all my LORs are U of U faculty/doctors.

does anyone know what would happen if I were to miss the call? do they just leave a voicemail?

does anyone know what would happen if I were to miss the call? do they just leave a voicemail?
That's my guess. But you also get an email within 24 hours of the call. I just got mineThat's my guess. But you also get an email within 24 hours of the call.

I missed the first call from admissions, and they just left a voicemail with a call-back number. The call comes from a private number.

Utah, please bless me with an II. Iā€™ve been so patient

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
For those who have interviewed or have upcoming interviews, do you know if we can use a blank paper and pen during the MMIs? I thought I read somewhere on my application and interview website/portal that you could, but I canā€™t find that information again. Iā€™d really appreciate any insight anyone has. Thanks!

For those who have interviewed or have upcoming interviews, do you know if we can use a blank paper and pen during the MMIs? I thought I read somewhere on my application and interview website/portal that you could, but I canā€™t find that information again. Iā€™d really appreciate any insight anyone has. Thanks!
Yes you can

Anyone have any feedback for the interview process here? I am interviewing on Friday and getting super nervous!

Anyone have any feedback for the interview process here? I am interviewing on Friday and getting super nervous!
You'll be fine! Don't stress out over the phrase MMI. It's pretty easy you'll do great. Just go in relaxed

Reactions: 2 users
Sheesh, the U is being so stingy with their As! I wish they would at least send us update emails of some sort :(

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Sheesh, the U is being so stingy with their As! I wish they would at least send us update emails of some sort :(
They did say anytime between 10/15 and 3/15. It's the long haul of waiting.