Pharmacy Am I a good candidate for Pharmacy school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_89

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have cum 3.15 and pre- req 3.26 , my pcat is 53 and i have almost 3 years of pharmacy experience ( pharm tech ), good rec letters and volunteered . will I be a good candidate ?

To answer your title:

On the SDN homepage, click on "Forums." This takes you to all the topics in specific healthcare forums such as Dentistry, Optometry, Physical Therapy, so on and so forth. Keep scrolling down and you will see Pharmacy and Pre-pharmacy. Click on Pre-pharmacy and it'll take you to the homepage to ask your question. Within this forum are what we call "sub-forums" that you can click on for more specific questions such as PCAT, Pharmacy School Specific Discussions, etc. You may choose to post within these areas if you wish.

As for your question, being a good candidate is a broad statement. Before considering, I urge you to read some of our threads speaking specifically on the job market and current state of the profession:

After reviewing this information and still having a desire to continue down this journey, I would state that having experience in a pharmacy is a plus. Your PCAT is not competitive. A 53 PCAT means you are average out of 60,000 applicants over a span of 5 years. However, many students have been accepted with lower or no PCAT score. As for the GPA, if its a bachelors or just pre-reqs some progams will still consider you as an applicant. I would be weary of what program you choose based on an opportunity cost analysis. In the end, if you apply broadly you should be getting a few interview offers.

I suggest applying instate and fully accredited programs. Stay away from private or out of state schools and those pending regional accreditation.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.