Asset Protection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jabbed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We’re getting an au pair and she will be driving a car that I own. I will be paying for the insurance. I’m assuming that she will crash my car at some point.

1. Does setting up an LLC and registering the LLC as the owner of the vehicle do anything to limit my personal liability? Do I list my home address as the company address?
2. How does insuring the vehicle work? I ideally wouldn’t want to have her under my plan. If this is a “company vehicle” can we have multiple registered drivers with different insurances?

Members don't see this ad.

An au pair?

Jeeezus.
The Richie Rich-es on here.
Dude, no. From what I know an au pair costs like 7k a year. Cheaper than daycare by far, let alone a nanny.

EDIT: not that cheap. But pretty freaking cheap.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, no. From what I know an au pair costs like 7k a year. Cheaper than daycare by far, let alone a nanny.

Well, forgive my coal-country ass.

I figured a live-in helper charged with assisting with the kids can't come cheap.

I mean, can't you just hit your own kids like my parents did?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

There are some added costs that you have to pay the agency but agreed it is significantly cheaper than having a full time nanny working 40hours a week for $20/hr. And man it is hard to find an experienced nanny for even $20/hr. Care.com has experienced nannies charging 25-35 per hour.

Last edited: