Attire for interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

linkin06

We are all witnesses.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had my first job interview recently, and I (foolishly?) arrived to the hospital in my full suit. When I got there, they said "great! You're here! Now get in the scrubs and we'll show you a typical day". Was a bit awkward to change all out of my suit to thrown on the garb. I now have another interview, and they specifically state to show up in scrubs. Should I be going to hospital interviews in scrubs and dinners in suit? I wasn't aware...

Members don't see this ad.

I had my first job interview recently, and I (foolishly?) arrived to the hospital in my full suit. When I got there, they said "great! You're here! Now get in the scrubs and we'll show you a typical day". Was a bit awkward to change all out of my suit to thrown on the garb. I now have another interview, and they specifically state to show up in scrubs. Should I be going to hospital interviews in scrubs and dinners in suit? I wasn't aware...

That's kind of weird because how are you supposed to have the scrubs that match that hospital's scrubs. I'd ask.

The general routine is show up in the suit so that you can immediately change into the scrubs, like you did in the first interview.

Suit sounds smartest. I doubt it was that awkward to change. Suits are interview attire. Many people arrive to work daily dressed up only to immediately change into scrubs. Also, suits make you look professional, put-together, and responsible so from that aspect it benefits you for them to see you wearing one, even briefly.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Suit and tie. Far better to be over-dressed than to be under-dressed. Over-dressed is easily fixed (take off the coat and tie or change into scrubs) and will likely impress even those who may not agree with your choice. Under-dressed cannot be repaired and will not impress anyone who may disagree with your choice.

Reactions: 7 users
I just wear a dress shirt no tie and slacks for my last couple of interviews. Very low key.

Suit and tie. Far better to be over-dressed than to be under-dressed. Over-dressed is easily fixed (take off the coat and tie or change into scrubs) and will likely impress even those who may not agree with your choice. Under-dressed cannot be repaired and will not impress anyone who may disagree with your choice.

100% agreed.

wearing a suit to the hospital and then changing into their scrubs is the normal routine as far as I have seen. I'd find it odd if somebody walked in to our hospital wearing scrubs from somewhere else for an interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Unless they specifically say so, do not show up to any interview in anything other than a suit.

Reactions: 1 users