district switch advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pyxisdust

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think this has been asked before, but I need advice on how to ask my DL about switching districts. I've been working under my DL for 2 years. We have a good relationship and dont want to piss him off. especially now that flu season is going to begin again along with covid mania in the fall. Also I am not the best and fastest pharmacist out there. I feel as if I ask about it, he is going to resent me for it-or think I am ungrateful for not sticking with my current store.
I am planning on asking about picking up a few hours in the district I want to work in first before doing anything drastic. Maybe contacting the DL of the other district and asking if there are any stores that need help (since they are relatively close). How would you guys go about this? Would you send an email to the DL of the region you want to work in and copy your current DL or would you just leave your current DL out of the mix in asking?:unsure:

Members don't see this ad.

I would definitely discuss with current DL first. You said you have a good working relationship - just mention that you were thinking the other district may be a better fit for you and you'd like to look into transferring in the near future.

Reactions: 1 user
I would definitely discuss with current DL first. You said you have a good working relationship - just mention that you were thinking the other district may be a better fit for you and you'd like to look into transferring in the near future.
I agree with you on this. But what about for just picking up extra hours in another district? This is where I am not sure how to word things...

I agree with you on this. But what about for just picking up extra hours in another district? This is where I am not sure how to word things...

I guess it might depend on how you cover shifts from other districts.

In my area, we're sent an email of open shifts for our district and the 5 next closest ones so we can volunteer to pick up pretty much anywhere without attracting any attention to it.