Do Crest White Strips Really work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NUgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they work at all or well? Im thinking of buying them but I dont know if they are worth it. Are they? And how long do their effects usually last on average? THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

Yea, I think I'm in the same boat. I want to know if they really work B4 buying them.

I heard that these strips are pretty effective and do about as good a job as the ones done in the dental office....the only drawback is that rather than getting them white in just one visit, it takes several weeks to achieve the same effect. Here's a local news station that reviewed the strips....just fyi :D

Members don't see this ad :)
A friend of mine got me a discounted package through ucla dental school over a year ago, I still haven't finished them because they're such a hassle. An hour a day for 14 days. But when I used them they worked pretty well. However, I did experience sensitivity the next day or two.

just wondering, how do you get the proximal areas bleached
if the strip is flat?

The strips are actually quite flexible and have a very good ability to adhere to the proximal contours of the teeth as long as there isn't too severe of a malocclussion(basically as long as there isn't too much buccal/lingual displacement of adjacent teeth). From the reports of my patients, for whom we've gone through about 50 of the professional white strip kits(roughly twice the carbamide peroxide concentration of the over the counter white strips) since February, there can be a little more difficulty with the adhesion of the mandibular strips over the maxillary strips. The rep from Proctor and Gamble who does my local marketing of Crest products suggested that we tell our patients to pucker their lips in the "fish face" manner to get better adhesion of the strip to the tooth.

The patients in my office who have bought the kit seem to love them and are quite happy with the results. Case in point, we tell our patients who buy the kits that if they aren't happy with the results that we'll refund thier money or put the cost towards either tray bleaching or light activated bleaching, we haven't written out 1 refund check yet!

Bottom line, this is a good, dependable product that works. It will take longer than either tray bleaching or light activated bleaching, but you'll get results with them.

I bought them and hated them. They were messy and took too long with no results for me. I finally forked out the cash for professional bleaching with the Nite White Excel 2 kit. It was soooo worth it! Save your time, spend the extra money and get it done right!