Do med schools have our scores yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medapp03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious since I know they are already on our AMCAS applications. But those are only transmitted every Friday, I think, I know it's once a week. So would they have sent them out when they put them on the application or waited until the usual transmit day?

Members don't see this ad.

I asked AAMC. They said most schools received them electronically within 2-3 business days. Some schools did not receive them this way and then it took longer. However, lets not forget some schools are on top of things and some are not - just because they get our scores within 3 days doesn't mean they'll do anything with them that day. More than likely they attach them to the file, if the file is complete it gets added to the bottom of the pile for review, if there are still letters outstanding it gets put back into 'hold', etc.

...all I'm saying is, "don't hold your breath" :) the schools are going to take their sweet time, especially now they have the stats for the entire years applicants to process

Just as an update - all my online status checks say they have the August scores and I have received emails from several schools notifying me that my application is now complete....so now it is just the wait till they decide to take a look at 'em :)

Members don't see this ad :)
really...??
none of my schools have notified me, and my scores don't show up on any online checks, although i think northwestern is the only one that shows something for mcat.

I called a few of my schools and asked this question.

One said that they have designated "download" days assigned to them by AMCAS and that is when they get updated information from them. The few I called said the same thing --> they will most likely get the August scores next week.

That's funny...I called two schools to check out when the MCAT scores would be received, and both of them (EVMS and UMass) said the end of October.

Would you mind posting which schools said they've received your scores? Thanks

The schools I talked to:

U of Cinci
NEOUCOM
MCW

all said they should be getting our August score next week. Hope this helps (i know this may not be representative of ALL schools; however, I will update this info. next week :)

Originally posted by tedstriker
That's funny...I called two schools to check out when the MCAT scores would be received, and both of them (EVMS and UMass) said the end of October.

Would you mind posting which schools said they've received your scores? Thanks

off the top of my head - UPenn, Cornell, Pritzker, Columbia, WashU, umm...can't remember which others...if it's important I can get back to you on it.

Cornell said they had them but they weren't going to look at them till the end of the month.

Thanks guys! If anyone has any other schools to add to the list of "already heard/about to hear" please post 'em!

Originally posted by the boy wonder
off the top of my head - UPenn, Cornell, Pritzker, Columbia, WashU, umm...can't remember which others...if it's important I can get back to you on it.

Cornell said they had them but they weren't going to look at them till the end of the month.
You must have done fantastic on the mcat to apply to those schools! :)

Thanks guys! If anyone has any other schools to add to the list of "already heard/about to hear" please post 'em!
A college friend of mine said that Penn State has hers. Hope that helps!

I just looked at my amcas and noticed that the transmission dates on about half of the schools changed to 10/10 and 10/11. Off the top of my head I remember BU, UCLA, Dartmouth. Seems as though some schools may have downloaded on thurs and friday.

Also I printed a copy and the transmission dates there did not change. I had always thought that was the be all end all.

Just checked my AMCAS again. My transmission date still has not changed. Anyone else's not changed?