USMLE Exam is in 6 days, should I push back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anti_Markovnikov

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am scheduled to take Step 1 on March 30th. I have taken 4 NBME exams and I'm not sure whether to push this exam back or not. Here are my results with percent chance to pass in a week:

1. NBME Form 29 - EPC 44
  2. NBME Form 28 - EPC 54 (63% chance to pass) taken 3 weeks ago
  3. NBME Form 30 - EPC 65 (96% chance to pass) taken a week ago
  4. NBME Form 31 - EPC 59 (84% chance to pass) taken today
I have yet to take free 120's, but I'm nearing the end of dedicated. I have different schedules drafted in case I need to extend my dedicated period for up to another month. Let me know what you guys think.

Members don't see this ad.

I understand you maybe feeling disappointed seeing your EPC go down from 30 to 31, but try not to let it disturb you too much. I took 4 NBMEs and trended up from low 60s to high 60s and passed. I think your progression is mostly solid and likely gives you a good chance of passing. I think you should review NBME 31 and see why you missed what you missed and take the free 120 like 3 days before your exam date. Assuming you do well on that, I think you'll be good to take the exam.

I also highly encourage reviewing each of these NBMEs again and review the free 120 after you do it. It may prove very useful on your actual exam.

I think with those scores you should be good to go!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do people not take UW1 and 2? all the forums im ready are people taking NBMEs.
I got 228 and 209 respectively and am wondering how that equates to NBMEs

Hey everyone. I am scheduled to take Step 1 on March 30th. I have taken 4 NBME exams and I'm not sure whether to push this exam back or not. Here are my results with percent chance to pass in a week:

1. NBME Form 29 - EPC 44
  2. NBME Form 28 - EPC 54 (63% chance to pass) taken 3 weeks ago
  3. NBME Form 30 - EPC 65 (96% chance to pass) taken a week ago
  4. NBME Form 31 - EPC 59 (84% chance to pass) taken today
I have yet to take free 120's, but I'm nearing the end of dedicated. I have different schedules drafted in case I need to extend my dedicated period for up to another month. Let me know what you guys think.
did you pass?

Do people not take UW1 and 2? all the forums im ready are people taking NBMEs.
I got 228 and 209 respectively and am wondering how that equates to NBMEs
People take them for increased exposure to questions, but their usefulness in predicting your chance of passing is less vs NBMEs.