GPA v MCAT impact?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I attend a t10 institution and I'm projected to have a 3.90/3.89 cGPA/sGPA by the end of fall 2024 semester. I currently have a 524 MCAT. I was OG planning on graduating early (fall 2024) instead of may 2025, but should i take an extra semester to get my cGPA to a 3.9? Would it make a difference to the T20s?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Hello folks,

I attend a t10 institution and I'm projected to have a 3.90/3.89 cGPA/sGPA by the end of fall 2024 semester. I currently have a 524 MCAT. I was OG planning on graduating early (fall 2024) instead of may 2025, but should i take an extra semester to get my cGPA to a 3.9? Would it make a difference to the T20s?

Thanks
Bruh is this serious?? Graduate early & save the tuition, work on your app in the spring (pre-write, research, etc). You'll be fine at T20s from a stats standpoint at least

Reactions: 2 users
Delete this before people think it's real

Edit if it's actually real bro please please please log off sdn and enjoy your summer

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Reactions: 3 users
Hello folks,

Thanks
Not worth tbh. Follow @dihedralsymmetry 's advice

Hello folks,

Thanks
No and no

Hello folks,

Thanks
Welcome to the forums!

We don't know you, but I suspect you would be better served graduating and working a couple of years before applying to medical school. When to start is up to you.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
........you would be better served graduating and working a couple of years before applying to medical school. When to start is up to you.
100% this^^^^. I took this advice from a very wise professor and killed my application cycle. Work and mature a little more and you will be solid assuming you are only 21 or 22.

Reactions: 2 users