Illinois C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Current veterinarian.

Seeing as the email was sent on February 8 after a rejection January 19, and the email wasn't found until May 9ish, SOL is a pretty apt description seeing as signing day was April 15 if the OP's intent was to try to get into Illinois at this point.

No intent on being snobby, and agree that intent is hard to read over just text content. I don't beat around the bush. Hence why a lot of us long timers on this website recommend inferring best intent when reading people's responses. Giving the benefit of the doubt is the only way social media is worthwhile any more.
Thank you. That puts things into perspective. I can always appreciate transparency. I am sure you meant well. I just personally don’t think it was the “best” choice of words (at-least via messaging) because it read sarcastically. Even to me. But, tomato ta-mot-o; it’s all semantics. It wasn’t necessarily a horrible thing to say, I just figured it was a better way to convey that same point without saying SOL. That’s all I was getting at. Thanks for replying too btw.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone who lives/lived in Savoy tell me how much you paid for utilities? I need to pay water, electricity, and gas for my apartment and want to get an idea of how much I’ll be paying.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying too btw.
I think it's super important to have an open dialog, so thank you for stepping in to ask! I do honestly think I was sassy (maybe a bit too much) when I responded to the OPs "idrc".

Members don't see this ad :)
I now hope in 20 or 25 years when I say LOL, a youngster says, "I don't know what LOL means." It would be the perfect full circle moment for me.

Then I don't really get why you posted 🤷🏼‍♀️
oh i guess i cant ask questions for fun around here :cautious:

I definitely admitted to being extra (maybe too sassy) in the post above this one
well considering that my question was asking if other applicants this cycle experienced something similar and not if i have a chance of getting into the school, none of your responses were relevant to my question. considering the fact that illinois sent out false acceptances, i think it's completely fair to ask if there was a possiblity of false rejections or false interview invites. to be honest, i shouldn't even need to elaborate why i have questions or have you "get" why i posted something. sure, you admitted to being sassy, but you tried answering a question you had no relevant information on. if you have nothing helpful to say, what's the point of saying anything at all? thank you for admitting your faults, but the point still stands.

well considering that my question was asking if other applicants this cycle experienced something similar and not if i have a chance of getting into the school, none of your responses were relevant to my question. considering the fact that illinois sent out false acceptances, i think it's completely fair to ask if there was a possiblity of false rejections or false interview invites. to be honest, i shouldn't even need to elaborate why i have questions or have you "get" why i posted something. sure, you admitted to being sassy, but you tried answering a question you had no relevant information on. if you have nothing helpful to say, what's the point of saying anything at all? thank you for admitting your faults, but the point still stands.
Thank you. That puts things into perspective. I can always appreciate transparency. I am sure you meant well. I just personally don’t think it was the “best” choice of words (at-least via messaging) because it read sarcastically. Even to me. But, tomato ta-mot-o; it’s all semantics. It wasn’t necessarily a horrible thing to say, I just figured it was a better way to convey that same point without saying SOL. That’s all I was getting at. Thanks for replying too btw.
Not to butt my head into drama that doesn't have to do with me, but if you aren't going to be attending Illinois this fall then is this really worth it? I understand nobody likes being told they are **** out of luck, but a responsible and professional student would check their email regularly and would have found the interview invite in February and asked about it then. If you have spent any time on this website, and I can see one of you is a new member, you would know how helpful and generous Battie is in so many threads besides just this one. Can we please be adults and move on now? The rest of us have relevant questions to ask and need to use this thread to prepare for the upcoming school year. Thanks.

Reactions: 9 users
Not to butt my head into drama that doesn't have to do with me, but if you aren't going to be attending Illinois this fall then is this really worth it? I understand nobody likes being told they are **** out of luck, but a responsible and professional student would check their email regularly and would have found the interview invite in February and asked about it then. If you have spent any time on this website, and I can see one of you is a new member, you would know how helpful and generous Battie is in so many threads besides just this one. Can we please be adults and move on now? The rest of us have relevant questions to ask and need to use this thread to prepare for the upcoming school year. Thanks.
there is no drama, i had a question. i can ask a question whether or not it's worth it to me or anyone else. i dont really care about being told im sol, but that wasn't what i was asking about. i personally think a responsible and professional university should be able to send out emails correctly, no other university had this problem this cycle. i recognize battie is helpful, im just saying their responses to my question weren't helpful. i was just curious, it wasn't meant to cause any conflict. i apologize the this went out of hand and i hope it didn't prevent your questions from being answered.

there is no drama, i had a question. i can ask a question whether or not it's worth it to me or anyone else. i dont really care about being told im sol, but that wasn't what i was asking about. i personally think a responsible and professional university should be able to send out emails correctly, no other university had this problem this cycle. i recognize battie is helpful, im just saying their responses to my question weren't helpful. i was just curious, it wasn't meant to cause any conflict. i apologize the this went out of hand and i hope it didn't prevent your questions from being answered.
CSU actually had a huge issue like this one this year. They apparently “sent emails” to A LOT of applicants saying they were no longer being considered for admission and when decisions went out months later those applicants were never contacted and csu kinda ghosted them about it. Unfortunate but it seems like it does happen :/

Reactions: 2 users
CSU actually had a huge issue like this one this year. They apparently “sent emails” to A LOT of applicants saying they were no longer being considered for admission and when decisions went out months later those applicants were never contacted and csu kinda ghosted them about it. Unfortunate but it seems like it does happen :/
oh yikes. i heard about csu changing their requirements and emailing applicants, but never actually did so students were pretty much screwed for prerequisites. that's really messed up