Interview Invites for PHASE II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dumplings14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard from Christus trinity mother Frances Hospital (PGY1) and DMC. How about yall?

Members don't see this ad.

The email made it seem it was an invite but i couldnt travel in that short of a notice. my friend heard from them but his email asked whether or not he would be able to come out for an interview but it was not an invite

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a phone interview with Saint Alphonsus.

Reactions: 1 user
Heard back from Christus, Holmes Regional, and Mobile Infirmary

**I'll keep this post updated**
I've heard back from:
  • Providence Health in Oregon (HSPA)
  • BUMCS U of Arizona
  • Swedish Covenant Hospital
  • Mount Sinai St. Luke's West
  • Detroit Medical Center
  • Denver Medical Center
  • Memorial Hermann
  • Mount Sinai Main
Most of these I followed up on, and that's how I got to hear back from them at all.

Last edited:
I've heard back from:
  • UMBCS U of Arizona
  • Detroit Medical Center
  • Denver Medical Center
Most of these I followed up on, and that's how I got to hear back from them at all.

Followed up after an interview or before you had submitted an application?

Followed up after an interview or before you had submitted an application?
BUMCS and Providence emailed me on their own after I submitted my application. I emailed the other programs yesterday, and got a reply saying they had already sent out invites for interviews and that unfortunately I was not selected for one.

I've heard back from:
  • UMBCS U of Arizona
  • Detroit Medical Center
  • Denver Medical Center
What did you say in the follow up email

I hope we all get matched during this phase. Its all too stressful!

Has anyone heard from Kaiser Napa ? They mentioned having an on onsite interview on the 4th but don’t know if they’ve sent out invites for that yet.

I heard back from Detroit medical center. the director told me they have more applicant applied in phase 2 compared to phase 1

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back from Detroit medical center. the director told me they have more applicant applied in phase 2 compared to phase 1
When did you hear back from DMC (date/time) and was it an invite or rejection?

BUMCS Arizona rejection today around 6pm. They are the first to get back to me. I am mentally preparing myself for the worst ☹️

Unsuccessful at KRMC, Baptist Health Pensacola, RUSH, South Florida Baptist so far.
Still waiting for more... :bang::boom:

Last edited:
Did Baptist pensacola send you a rejection email? I applied to them and haven’t heard anything.

Unfortunately yes. The usual: "Due to the number of applications and limited time for interviews, we are unable to extend an invitation for an interview. While you were not selected for an interview, we would like to note that competition for the residency is always strong and that we often have to make difficult choices between many high-caliber candidates."

BUMCS Arizona rejection today around 6pm. They are the first to get back to me. I am mentally preparing myself for the worst ☹️
Ugh me too. I haven’t gotten an invite. I’m debating if I should do the scramble

Unfortunately yes. The usual: "Due to the number of applications and limited time for interviews, we are unable to extend an invitation for an interview. While you were not selected for an interview, we would like to note that competition for the residency is always strong and that we often have to make difficult choices between many high-caliber candidates."

lmao sound like the rejection letter i got

Ugh me too. I haven’t gotten an invite. I’m debating if I should do the scramble
I am really bummed out to be honest.. but you got to make the best of it. I do not know if i want to do the scramble..... from what i have heard there might be only 20 or less programs with spots at that point ..it seems completely futile

I am really bummed out to be honest.. but you got to make the best of it. I do not know if i want to do the scramble..... from what i have heard there might be only 20 or less programs with spots at that point ..it seems completely futile
I guess my only option is to try again next year

St joseph in Denver anyone?
Before applying to programs I e-mailed St. Joseph's director to ask for information about the program since I couldn't find anything on the website. I never got a response so I decided not to apply there. I thought it was odd that I never got a copy and paste response or anything. Did you hear anything from them prior to applying?

Before applying to programs I e-mailed St. Joseph's director to ask for information about the program since I couldn't find anything on the website. I never got a response so I decided not to apply there. I thought it was odd that I never got a copy and paste response or anything. Did you hear anything from them prior to applying?
I never heard anything prior to applying. I did my best to research what I could, which wasn’t much. I took a shot and sent them an application anyways. Everyone who applied got an email Thursday saying they have received over 100 applications for one position and that he’d be contacting people on Friday for an interview on Tuesday.

Got a phone interview invite with providence health managed care still waiting on

UPMC health Plan
Kaiser Permanente Rockville,MD

For everyone else still waiting don't give up yet

Reactions: 1 users
Got a phone interview invite with providence health managed care still waiting on

UPMC health Plan
Kaiser Permanente Rockville,MD

For everyone else still waiting don't give up yet
Providence said they were reviewing my application and will let me know about interview. But now I’m wondering if it’s going to be a rejection. When did you hear from them ?

If I have a video interview and the program didn't tell me anything but the time, is it okay to ask for more details (i.e. how long it will take, what to expect, schedule, etc)?

If I have a video interview and the program didn't tell me anything but the time, is it okay to ask for more details (i.e. how long it will take, what to expect, schedule, etc)?
It’s better to ask than not know

Providence said they were reviewing my application and will let me know about interview. But now I’m wondering if it’s going to be a rejection. When did you hear from them ?

Friday evening

I got interviewed with Memorial Hermann Mem City last Monday, and CHRISTUS this past Friday. Got a rejection from Banner Thursday night. Has anyone heard from Kaiser Permanente LA? I kind of had big hopes for that one tbh... Including Kaiser LA, I'm still waiting to hear back from 5 programs...

Anyone hear from sky lakes medical center?

I got an interview at KRMC but rejection from Baptist Pensacola and Boca Raton Regional. Has anyone heard from West Palm VA and WVU Medical?

I got interviewed with Memorial Hermann Mem City last Monday, and CHRISTUS this past Friday. Got a rejection from Banner Thursday night. Has anyone heard from Kaiser Permanente LA? I kind of had big hopes for that one tbh... Including Kaiser LA, I'm still waiting to hear back from 5 programs...
I applied to Kaiser as well and haven’t heard back

Rejection email from Kaiser Permanente Rockville, MD came in earlier this Sunday.
Now waiting on UPMC Health plan. I think after tommorrow if I do not hear anything back, it's safe to say that I have been rejected.

Has anyone interviewed with Mission in Ashevillle - particularly their HSPA program?

Or Regional One Health in Memphis for PGY1/PGY2 HSPA?

Anyone hear back from any programs? The silence is killing me lol

Okay just got the “it’s not you it’s us” email from Kaiser Napa... I’m going to need several drinks by the time Phase II is over ughhh