Interviews part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bigwillmd said:
Thanks...When are you heading down?

Interview is scheduled for Nov 19th. I'm heading down there the day before to hang out with a buddy of mine who is stationed out there for JAG.

Members don't see this ad.

bigwillmd,
No offense, but... that arse on your avatar is so painful. :barf:

bigwillmd said:
Howdy all! Joining the thread kinda late (been studying my butt off for Step 2...still haven't taken it!):

Interviews and Dates Going:

Penn State: Nov 10-11
GW: Nov 19
Columbia: Dec 2
Georgetown: Dec 9
CCF: Dec 12
Vandy: Dec 19

If anyone is gonna be at these sites on these days, let me know!

Still waiting on all the Texas programs, UAB, Emory, UNC, Duke, Cornell, Sinai, UVA...Has anyone heard from any Texas programs yet or is the south just slow (I'm allowed to say that, I'm from Louisiana)?

I know that San Antonio, UTSW, S&W, UTMB, and Baylor have offered invites.

Members don't see this ad :)
ear-ache said:
bigwillmd,
No offense, but... that arse on your avatar is so painful. :barf:

Now that you mention it, it is pretty disgusting...but it's your chosen profession so embrace it! :laugh:

NoodleIncident said:

Do they contact by e-mail or post?

sorry, i'm behind in posting....

UCSD 9/5
Uroch 9/15
UVa 10/2
UFlorida 10/2
Vandy 10/7
Wash U 10/9
Yale 10/11

EW1779 said:
sorry, i'm behind in posting....

UCSD 9/5
Uroch 9/15
UVa 10/2
UFlorida 10/2
Vandy 10/7
Wash U 10/9
Yale 10/11

congrats on those great interviews. i applied to ucsd and just curious: when did u submit your application and is your file complete?

How many have gotten interviews from University of Washington in Seattle? When did you submit?

i submitted and was complete on 9/1.

Way to go E-man. Appears we might run into eachother on the trail. UCSD, nice.

Has anyone heard from Virginia Mason, UCSF, UCSD, UCLA, or Stanford?

Members don't see this ad :)
DrDre' said:
How many have gotten interviews from University of Washington in Seattle? When did you submit?

Hang in there Dre... I'm waiting to hear something from them too (as well as Virginia Mason). You've gotten a lot of great interview offers, they'll come knock'in.

Update:
UMich
Umass
Mayo-rochester
Vermont
Virginia commonwealth
Yale-today :D

NoodleIncident said:

Yeah, I've got invites to UTMB, A&M, UTSA, and Baylor so far. Still waiting on UTSW and Tech.

and Northwestern called today with good news...wasn't at home, but the wife took a message. Apparently an email is on the way. :)

University of Wisconsin via email today (10/10) :)

Yeah. Madison!

Thx Ear
You have a great list too. Looks like we like the same places!

Oregon Health Sciences today (10/10) via email

UCLA by email today (10/10)...shwweeeeeeeeeett
UCLA Harborside email last week

Hoping to get more California lovin' soon

UCLA just a few minutes ago!

Yale, earlier today

Yale today also.

NYU last Friday.

added to Mercy Pittsburgh, Drexel, U-Alabama, and Cleveland Clinic.

and a buttload of TY/prelim. i think i overdid that part.

i'm curious to see how Yale sells their fine city of new haven. having lived there already, i can say it's not the quaint little new england town one hopes for... though it can grow on you. but then, so can fungus.

Northwestern by phone (?!??) this evening

So far....

UAB
Oklahoma
UK - Wichita
UTMB
UT - Houston
Scott & White
New Mexico
Louisville
UTSA
UT Knoxville
MC of Georgia

Think I'm gonna cut it off at 15, if I get that many.....getting hard to squeeze in dates....programs need to offer Sunday interviews!! :laugh:

Hopkins today (10/11)

I figure I'll post mine so far. I applied late, so I don't have too many so far:

Mayo - Rochester
Louisville
Oschner

I just received the Duke form letter today, indicating that all applicants will be notified of their status within a month of their Nov. 1st deadline. I submitted my app the third week of September...

Did everyone who applied on or around September 1st get a form letter like this before?

I'm really hoping that my app is still alive at Duke. Any input is appreciated.

Good luck to all!

Keyser

I just got the notice from UK, so now my list is:

Mayo - Rochester
Louisville
Ochsner
Kentucky (alma mater)

Jamier2 said:
I figure I'll post mine so far. I applied late, so I don't have too many so far:

Mayo - Rochester
Louisville
Oschner

Hey what's up with Oschner? How were they affected by the hurricane? :confused:

keysersoze said:
I just received the Duke form letter today, indicating that all applicants will be notified of their status within a month of their Nov. 1st deadline. I submitted my app the third week of September...

Did everyone who applied on or around September 1st get a form letter like this before?

I'm really hoping that my app is still alive at Duke. Any input is appreciated.

Good luck to all!

Keyser

I submitted my ERAS on 9/15 and got that same form e-mail today. Guess you and I are in the same batch of applicants at this point. At least it's not a rejection! :)

bigwillmd said:

I have no idea. Apparently they're still going to admit a new class next year, but I really have no clue as to how they were affected by the hurricane. Maybe someone local or with more info can let us know more.

Also, what the hell is your avatar? It's kind of disturbing, somehow.

Jamier2 said:
I have no idea. Apparently they're still going to admit a new class next year, but I really have no clue as to how they were affected by the hurricane. Maybe someone local or with more info can let us know more.

Also, what the hell is your avatar? It's kind of disturbing, somehow.

You're focusing on the ass too much...Look a little closer and Check out the epidural placement technique!

By the way, when did you submit your ERAS?

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster :) Congrats to everyone on all their interviews!

B&W and Univ. of Chicago via email 10/11

So far: WashU, UAB, UNC, UVA, UPenn, Columbia, Vandy, GW, UTHSCSA

Beth Israel Deaconess & Brigham and Women's Hospital via email toady (10/11) :)

B&W's
Why did they offer only 3 days? What if those days aren't convenient for me?

bigwillmd said:
You're focusing on the ass too much...Look a little closer and Check out the epidural placement technique!

By the way, when did you submit your ERAS?

Still, technique or no technique, the ass is disturbing to me. ;)

I submitted on 10/3.

Penn 10/11

I also got the Duke form letter. . .submitted 9/1

USC invite today (10/11)

also got rejected for TY at Illinois Masonic, those BASTARDS

kidding, totally kidding (about the bastards, not the rejection)

NN22BB88 said:
So far....

UAB
Oklahoma
UK - Wichita
UTMB
UT - Houston
Scott & White
New Mexico
Louisville
UTSA
UT Knoxville
MC of Georgia

Think I'm gonna cut it off at 15, if I get that many.....getting hard to squeeze in dates....programs need to offer Sunday interviews!! :laugh:

Just got 3 more today.....Kentucky, Wake Forest, and Nebraska.....think I'm gonna just eliminate the 3 year programs (UAB & Nebraska).

bigwillmd said:
Some of the satellite hospitals had some damage - there is very little damage at the main campus - from what I have heard. They are going to start taking medical students again in November. I know that for a while they had residents coming in and working a week straight and staying at the hospital and going home. I also know that the CDC was set up in Ochsner - I don't know if they are still there. I am going there tomorrow afternoon to pick something up from the GME office. I just got back into New Orleans today for the first time since evacuating and took a small tour - it is crazy!
I got an interview invite from there today - it was a weirdly short email. I am very excited about it though!

Harvard/B&W 10/11

Sugar72 said:
Some of the satellite hospitals had some damage - there is very little damage at the main campus - from what I have heard. They are going to start taking medical students again in November. I know that for a while they had residents coming in and working a week straight and staying at the hospital and going home. I also know that the CDC was set up in Ochsner - I don't know if they are still there. I am going there tomorrow afternoon to pick something up from the GME office. I just got back into New Orleans today for the first time since evacuating and took a small tour - it is crazy!
I got an interview invite from there today - it was a weirdly short email. I am very excited about it though!

Hey all-

Oschner never lost a day of service. They were open through the storm and are open today. They are starting to take students in 2 weeks on 10/24.

I know because the Oschner chairman meet with all of the LSU-NO students interested in Anesthesia the week after the storm.

As far as the other programs, they are still up in the air. Tulane has officially downloaded my application, but I do not think they will act on it anytime soon. Charity Hospital and Unviersity Hospital (both public hospitals shared by Tulane and LSU-NO) were condemed. We will see what this means in the end, but for know it looks like new hospitals will have to be built.

PS. I also received my Oschner invite today...what a weird email??
- Cubs

UT Southwestern, Wake, Vandy today

So far...

UTSW
Wake
Vandy
Oklahoma
SLU
UAB
UF
UVA
JHU

Will cancel one of these, for sure

Also...

Form letters from

Duke
Emory
Colorado

Nothing yet from

Columbia
Cornell
BID
MGH
B&W
Penn
UCSF
Stanford
Mayo-Jax
WashU
Arizona
Yale
Dartmouth
Northwestern
Rush

BTW, is anyone interviewing at UF on Friday? I am and I was wondering how casual is the 'casual dinner with the residents', since this is my first interview (actually this applied to everyone). Is it slacks and button down shirt casual or jeans casual? Any suggestions?

wake forest 10/11 via USPS :)

cubs3canes said:
Hey all-

Oschner never lost a day of service. They were open through the storm and are open today. They are starting to take students in 2 weeks on 10/24.

I know because the Oschner chairman meet with all of the LSU-NO students interested in Anesthesia the week after the storm.

As far as the other programs, they are still up in the air. Tulane has officially downloaded my application, but I do not think they will act on it anytime soon. Charity Hospital and Unviersity Hospital (both public hospitals shared by Tulane and LSU-NO) were condemed. We will see what this means in the end, but for know it looks like new hospitals will have to be built.

PS. I also received my Oschner invite today...what a weird email??
- Cubs

This is certainly not a slight on those who choose to interview/match at either Tulane(?) or Ochsner, but I would be very surprised if those programs dont have to fill through scramble. I withdrew my apps from on 9/1 and think that a lot of others did the same. Would anyone rank a NO program to match, regardless of what they tell you on interview? I dont see how I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.