Iowa State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
#20 and just got notified they have a seat for me! Will be accepting my seat!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Waitlist is moving! I was just pulled and will be accepting my seat (so excited!!)

They gave until Thursday morning to respond so it should be a pretty quick turnover

Did you post on your message board saying you were interested in your seat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist is moving! I was just pulled and will be accepting my seat (so excited!!)

They gave until Thursday morning to respond so it should be a pretty quick turnover
EEEEEEEPPPPP YOU DID ITT!!!!! So excited for you!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
THANK YOU ahhh I've had the near month since rankings were announced to get used to the idea but it still doesn't feel real!

• Care
  • Love
THANK YOU ahhh I've had the near month since rankings were announced to get used to the idea but it still doesn't feel real!
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office
DOCTORS DOCTORS DOCTORS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH. Makes my heart sooooooo happy for both of you (saw you got into UofA thenontraveler!!!)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

lizardman i am SO happy for you!!!! been seeing you all over these forums and couldn’t be more proud of someone i don’t know!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office
DOCTORS DOCTORS DOCTORS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH. Makes my heart sooooooo happy for both of you (saw you got into UofA thenontraveler!!!)
Movie Scene Dance GIF by Fandor

[world's longest YEAH BOYYY] 🥳🎉 Couldn't be more excited to enter the class of 2028 with y'all and be future colleagues!!!!! So well-deserved on both of your parts, you're going to be amazing doctors!
lizardman i am SO happy for you!!!! been seeing you all over these forums and couldn’t be more proud of someone i don’t know!!
Thank you so much omg!! And all the congrats to you as well since it looks like you're getting pulled off imminently 👀
Such an exciting time, see you in the Fall!!

Last edited:
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS acceptance #8 and just declined my seat! Good luck everyone!!
Congrats everyone!! I'm a current VM1 if you guys have any questions about first year or anything about IA! We can connect on IG as well, just message me :)

Reactions: 1 user
Literally can’t believe I’m saying this but I’ll be attending Iowa State!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
IS, I just received an offer to accept this morning. I took it and now will be running around with y'all! Also, anyone thinking about living at the trailer park because I think it's enticing. Secondly, any current students live at the trailer park and how is it?

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
IS, I just received an offer to accept this morning. I took it and now will be running around with y'all! Also, anyone thinking about living at the trailer park because I think it's enticing. Secondly, any current students live at the trailer park and how is it?
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!! What number are you?

One of my friends asked where they are at on the OOS waitlist this morning, and #35 is next to be called!!

Reactions: 4 users
I think like 75% of Old Orchard is vet students. Easy walk to school, most of the trailers are in decent condition, some get lucky and get new ones. Very convenient! If you have any specific questions I can try to answer them :)

To piggyback, does anyone have any info on whether the ~30k trailers are decently livable and how the expenses of living alone in a trailer vs an apartment compare (most 1 bedrooms I’m looking at are around 750/month with a lot of utilities included)?

To piggyback, does anyone have any info on whether the ~30k trailers are decently livable and how the expenses of living alone in a trailer vs an apartment compare (most 1 bedrooms I’m looking at are around 750/month with a lot of utilities included)?
Seconding this! I’m moving with my boyfriend, dog, and two cats, so I’m trying to determine which is better financially

I’m rank #51 and I just got offered a position which I will be accepting!!! So excited for this new journey with you guys

Reactions: 6 users
I was just accepted as well!! #38 and so incredibly excited to say i will be attending!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
OOS #47 and will be accepting.

I also go here for undergrad, so if you have any questions about Ames as a whole, I can answer them!

OOS #49 and will be accepting! I am so excited!

I’d recommend going in person to gauge for yourself. There were a few upper 20’s that didn’t look well kept/maintained. Mine was 15k… and it looked a bit ratchet (40-50 years old lol) but I only had to call someone once for the 4 years… and that was because a spider had made a home in my heater thing so nothing was getting through. Pipes froze once but thankfully next day they were fine.

Rent was about $500-600 per month on average. The downside is, if something in the home breaks, that’s on you.

The good thing is, you can sell it back to a student when you’re done with school and sometimes you can sell more than what you purchased if you did upgrades over the years or inflation or what not.

I may be jumping the gun here, but a couple questions for either current students or other incoming first years as I sift through the links they sent with the acceptance letter:

1. Does anyone know where to find our university ID number on the status page, or does that populate once they receive our deposit? I’m trying to register for a Net-ID and the c/o 2028 info page mentions that it should be on the status page but I don’t see it anywhere

2. Any idea if they meant to ask whether we filled out this year’s (2024-25) FAFSA on the info survey vs the 2023-24 one? I’m probably overthinking this but I didn’t file one last year and did this year

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I can’t wait to meet future classmates! Is anyone looking for a roomate, or looking for people to rent a place with? I’m trying to figure out housing for the fall and hoping to find some people to live with! (Female)

I think like 75% of Old Orchard is vet students. Easy walk to school, most of the trailers are in decent condition, some get lucky and get new ones. Very convenient! If you have any specific questions I can try to answer them :)
How much is rent for a roommate? I’m looking at costs and was just wondering if someone bought the mobile home, but also decided to rent out the other room/bath, what is the avg. cost that those students have paid? I also want to know from the perspective from the mobile home buyer and renter when it comes to legal documents such as formulating a lease agreement. Thanks for the help!

How much is rent for a roommate? I’m looking at costs and was just wondering if someone bought the mobile home, but also decided to rent out the other room/bath, what is the avg. cost that those students have paid? I also want to know from the perspective from the mobile home buyer and renter when it comes to legal documents such as formulating a lease agreement. Thanks for the help!
For those of us that have roommates in the trailers, usually your roommate will cover the lot rent (~415-450) and you will split utilities seems like the most common option. It's great to save the money because whoever owns the trailer does not pay much monthly! I live alone at my trailer though and love it. With my friends in apartments, a lot of them are paying considerably more (~800-900 per month). So while the cost of buying the trailer is more, it is more affordable in the long run especially if you have a roommate covering the lot rent. And like another student mentioned, you get most of your money back when you sell as there is always a demand in vet students wanting to buy them! If any of you have more questions about the trailers just message me!

There are definitely nicer ones, but all of the ones I toured last year were reasonable prices and would have been nice to live in.

Wanted to add to this - the girl I bought my trailer from gave me her copy of the document she had in case I wanted a roommate! Very simple process though! If any of you are thinking about living in the trailer park, there is an application to do to get approved to live there but everyone I know had no problems getting approved :)

I may be jumping the gun here, but a couple questions for either current students or other incoming first years as I sift through the links they sent with the acceptance letter:

1. Does anyone know where to find our university ID number on the status page, or does that populate once they receive our deposit? I’m trying to register for a Net-ID and the c/o 2028 info page mentions that it should be on the status page but I don’t see it anywhere

2. Any idea if they meant to ask whether we filled out this year’s (2024-25) FAFSA on the info survey vs the 2023-24 one? I’m probably overthinking this but I didn’t file one last year and did this year
I remember the Net-ID will populate once they get your deposit!

Unsure about 2, but you can message them on your portal to see! They are normally pretty good about responding. You could also email Tara Joyce ([email protected]) as she handles our financial aid stuff!

Asked for a number update through the portal, next to be called is #59!
From a very anxious, impatient #64😅

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I remember the Net-ID will populate once they get your deposit!

Unsure about 2, but you can message them on your portal to see! They are normally pretty good about responding. You could also email Tara Joyce ([email protected]) as she handles our financial aid stuff!
Awesome thank you! I messaged them :)

same here! and I’m #64
anyone wanna ask them in the portal message board so I don’t keep harassing them?! haha

I would, but I already asked them yesterday! She included that people would be called every “couple of days” since they have to wait for responses! I bet they will start again tomorrow, at least I’m hoping!!

Is there a groupme or facebook group for class of '28? Thinking it would be helpful for roommate searches and orientation stuff

Is there a groupme or facebook group for class of '28? Thinking it would be helpful for roommate searches and orientation stuff

I was wondering the same thing. I can start one!

You're invited to my new group 'Iowa Stare CVM c/o 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Thought I’d update to help those keeping track. #65 OOS and just got the message! Will be declining as I ended up being #1 on my IS waitlist. Best of luck to everyone patiently waiting <3

Last edited: