Job Search in Chicago and Surrounding Suburbs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A good rule of thumb for chicago area jobs is 100k a year per 10 hrs each week worked. So if you're clocking 40 hours, expect 400k. Max if amc. Maybe more if still somehow private practice with a large stipend.

How many weeks pto?

Members don't see this ad.

Different stokes for different folks. Most important to find a good locum company with good rates. Plenty of other Chicagoland places looking for locums including Rush Copley, Rush GI center, NM satellites, Advocate Lutheran and Sherman.
Well at least Advocate is not rug pulling the rates. An acquaintance at Lutheran says they are dropping the rates at Rush after the shifts are booked. Typical play by AMCs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well at least Advocate is not rug pulling the rates. An acquaintance at Lutheran says they are dropping the rates at Rush after the shifts are booked. Typical play by AMCs?

Rush dropping rates? No big surprise. But really.. Rush GI center should be 450/hr doing 1:4 coverage every day

Reactions: 1 user
How does that work? People sign up and then when they show up to work they tell them the rates are not what they are supposed to be?
Because that is a breach of contract. I wouldn’t stay. I literally wouldn’t even take the assignment of the day.

How does that work? People sign up and then when they show up to work they tell them the rates are not what they are supposed to be?
Because that is a breach of contract. I wouldn’t stay. I literally wouldn’t even take the assignment of the day.

Nah I'm assuming they put them through the process of credentialing, waste their time, then 2 months later when credentialed and shifts assigned they tell them hey we are dropping rates. I assume they are held by the contract to the agreed upon rate with an OUT period, usually 1 month. So they will guarantee original rate for 1 month then drop the rates. At that point you've invested so much time and energy in the process u either relent and say OK.. or u say cancel my remaining shifts after the out period.

Nah I'm assuming they put them through the process of credentialing, waste their time, then 2 months later when credentialed and shifts assigned they tell them hey we are dropping rates. I assume they are held by the contract to the agreed upon rate with an OUT period, usually 1 month. So they will guarantee original rate for 1 month then drop the rates. At that point you've invested so much time and energy in the process u either relent and say OK.. or u say cancel my remaining shifts after the out period.
Cancel the rest of the days after the 30 days. That’s why it’s best to be credentialed at multiple places.
Chicago sounds completely like a **** show.

I don't think this is a chicago thing per se. It is either the locum company or the hospital.
I doubt it’s the locums company but it could be. It’s just that almost every thread I have seen about jobs in Chicago the pay sucks overall. It seems to me anyway.

A good rule of thumb for chicago area jobs is 100k a year per 10 hrs each week worked. So if you're clocking 40 hours, expect 400k. Max if amc. Maybe more if still somehow private practice with a large stipend.
This seems to be the case around Chicago. I don’t know any good spots. Even Good Sam and Christ are probably gonna get screwed by Advocate