LIU vs OOS waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liagonzalez

Reaction score
I was accepted in to LIU CVM c/o 2027 and will be accepting my seat before 4/17 as it is my only acceptance. I also was waitlisted by UMN, being #27 on the waitlist and by MSU, not know my ranking yet. I am leaning toward UMN or MSU if i were offered a seat, which i know is not guaranteed which is why i'm accepting LIU's offer. I was just wondering is anyone had any experience accepting a seat and then declining it for a different offer of the waitlist? Or if anyone familiar with a similar situation and willing to offer some thoughts.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It happens all the time. Should you get an offer you’d prefer over LIU, accept it then call/email LIU that you’ve decided to go elsewhere. Then they’ll just call someone off their own waitlist to take your spot and someone on LIU’s wait list will be very happy. This is why schools have waitlists. You’ll likely forfeit any deposit you paid, but that’s it. They won’t be upset (and if they are then that’s a sign you probably shouldn’t have gone there anyway because this is common).

Reactions: 3 users