LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it’s at 68 right now! but there are a few admin in there and i think some students from spring cohort
Yea, Feels like its fair to assume Half the class has been chosen sofar

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my acceptance letter today!
Have until May 9th to accept or deny. I don’t know how to feel because I finally accepted the idea that I wasn’t going to get in anywhere after being rejected or not called off the waitlist for every other school.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my acceptance letter today!
Have until May 9th to accept or deny. I don’t know how to feel because I finally accepted the idea that I wasn’t going to get in anywhere after being rejected or not called off the waitlist for every other school.
congrats! was it earlier this morning? wondering when they are sending out emails.

I get how you feel; I am not wanting to work on a new application and work on taking more pre- reqs and start over again, but I think at this point I have to think about that more seriously.

I wish you the best of luck in making your decision and sincere congrats !

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
congrats! was it earlier this morning? wondering when they are sending out emails.

I get how you feel; I am not wanting to work on a new application and work on taking more pre- reqs and start over again, but I think at this point I have to think about that more seriously.

I wish you the best of luck in making your decision and sincere congrats !

Yes it came in around 10:30 EST

I was able to defer to Spring 2025 so another spot will open up for someone! To the people still waiting to hear I know it's so difficult and discouraging but what is meant to happen will happen and you will become a doctor! Veterinary School applications have been one of the most heartbreaking experiences but that one acceptance will make the difference!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Also to any of those using the Facebook as a guide to class size, I do want to let you know that the group is not LMU affiliated. I did not know that until joining so I thought I would share. Take that as you wish. :)

Reactions: 2 users
And now we wait for another weekend to pass so we can once again wait for an email next week

Reactions: 3 users
Did they release how many people are on the waitlist?

That would be helpful. No, they didn’t nor did they release rankings.

The next date decisions are due by would be the 8/9th as far as what I’ve seen, so more offers will probably be sent then.

Any current students: can you tell me what class days look like? Curious what time classes start / end. I got my acceptance 4/30 at 7:44 AM CST!

Any current students: can you tell me what class days look like? Curious what time classes start / end. I got my acceptance 4/30 at 7:44 AM CST!

Really depends but lectures are roughly 8am-4:20pm Monday to Friday. Most labs tend to be on Tuesdays and Thursday. Some days you will be done early, other days you are in lecture all day. Block exams are on Mondays (every 2-3 weeks).

For any current students: are there opportunities to work as a research assistant while studying? Does LMU offer any jobs for vet students? Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
For any current students: are there opportunities to work as a research assistant while studying? Does LMU offer any jobs for vet students? Thank you :)

Yes you can but I wouldn’t recommend until after your first semester. There are tutoring job opportunities (definitely after your first semester) as well. Another one would be working in the models shop developing and making models for the students to use.

Are any other admitted students attending the Anatomy Bootcamp in July? :)

Does anyone have an idea about when orientation will be? I saw the start date is early August. I was curious to see how long orientation has been in previous years

Accepted just now! I’m already committed to Iowa but am having exceedingly complicated feelings about turning this down, I really never thought I’d be in this position. 🥲

Doing so regardless, I hope the spot goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted just now! I’m already committed to Iowa but am having exceedingly complicated feelings about turning this down, I really never thought I’d be in this position. 🥲

Doing so regardless, I hope the spot goes to one of you!

What was your deadline to decide?

fingers crossed for more acceptances today. I dont know about anyone else but I am a bundle of nerves lately. this is tough.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Just accepted and I am so sad turning this down as it was my top choice - but already committed to leaving to U.S to New Zealand! Hope my spot goes to one of you!

Reactions: 7 users