Med-Gemini beats Radiologists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProReduction

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You had a good run as Radiologists, but it looks like Med-Gemini has you all beat:

Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 9.02.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 9.05.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 9.02.21 AM.png

Maybe with more training, you too can diagnose a stroke in the basilar ganglia and then highlight this to the world as a major accomplishment.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 9.02.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 9.02.21 AM.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: 1 user
The radiologist didn’t miss the “infarct,” they labeled it under chronic white matter disease, which is probably frankly more accurate. Moreover, they’re white matter, not basal ganglia, infarcts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The radiologist didn’t miss the “infarct,” they labeled it under chronic white matter disease, which is probably frankly more accurate. Moreover, it’s an external capsule / subinsular white matter, not basal ganglia, infarct.
I'm not sure if my sarcasm translated. Google Health AI is promoting their model's ability to diagnose a "basilar ganglia" stroke that was "missed" by a Radiologist. It was missed because there is no such thing as a basilar ganglia. This was released as a non-reviewed publication and is making the pop media rounds and it makes Google look extremely foolish and careless. If you are claiming that you beat a Radiologist by catching something he missed then you better be sure that your result is crisp.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure if my sarcasm translated. Google Health AI is promoting their model's ability to diagnose a "basilar ganglia" stroke that was "missed" by a Radiologist. It was missed because there is no such thing as a basilar ganglia. This was released as a non-reviewed publication and is making the pop media rounds and it makes Google look extremely foolish and careless. If you are claiming that you beat a Radiologist by catching something he missed then you better be sure that your result is crisp.
Yeah I picked up the sarcasm. I’m just further rolling the eyes.