Minnesota Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

airsimon

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scheduled for Sept 24. It was funny because I got the email today saying I was scheduled for Aug 24 (tomorrow). I got all freaked out and then realized they had sent another email entitled: MY MISTAKE. lol
Anyone have any tips and/or what to expect from a UofM interview? Any students that attend there right now have anything positive/negative to say about the school?
Of course I'll check the interview feedback page as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Scheduled for Sept 24. It was funny because I got the email today saying I was scheduled for Aug 24 (tomorrow). I got all freaked out and then realized they had sent another email entitled: MY MISTAKE. lol
Anyone have any tips and/or what to expect from a UofM interview? Any students that attend there right now have anything positive/negative to say about the school?
Of course I'll check the interview feedback page as well.

When did you submit your secondary? Also, are you in-state??? I am submitting mine tomorrow.

I sent the secondary in August 1st. My DAT scores didn't arrive there though until about a week ago. (I'm assuming, because I took the DAT Jul 31). I am not a Minnesota Resident, but I am from Montana. Minnesota has a deal for a few seats with the great state of Montana.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same e-mail for the same interview date. Are you in the morning or afternoon interviews? Maybe I will see you there!!

I interviewed with U of M on July 30th. I have already been accepted via the Early Decision Program so a bit of the weight had already been taken off of my shoulders; nevertheless, the interview was very casual and stress-free. The questions are very similar to those asked in previous years (see SDN's interview feedback site). The day consisted of a 15-20min interview, a tour, and a nice lunch on the top floor of the Union. The day went well, and all of the faculty members and D4's who assisted with the interviews/tours/lunch were extremely nice and helpful in answering all of our questions. I am from the cities and love the area, so perhaps I am biased, but I love the U of M and am so excited to be a part of their DDS class next August!!! Good luck, and hope to see you guys there next year! :D

Just to clarify, no one can be accepted to any dental school, early admissions or otherwise until December 1st. A person can be accepted into the early admissions program. At minnesota they can take up to 35 students, however, for the 2007 cylce 35 were accepted into early admissions only 20 were given seats in the dental school.

Just to clarify, no one can be accepted to any dental school, early admissions or otherwise until December 1st. A person can be accepted into the early admissions program. At minnesota they can take up to 35 students, however, for the 2007 cylce 35 were accepted into early admissions only 20 were given seats in the dental school.
That's not completely accurate, while acceptance into the early decision program is not the same as a December one acceptance. The only way your not guaranteed a spot after being accepted to this program is if you fail to meet the standards of the program aka a semester below 3.4, science below 3.2, etc.. I am stunned that any one accepted to this program would do anything to jepordize their spot. Lets be honest these are not the most demanding of expectations the U's average D1's undergraduate stats are all well above these marks.

I am from the cities and love the area, so perhaps I am biased, but I love the U of M and am so excited to be a part of their DDS class next August!!! Good luck, and hope to see you guys there next year! :D

I going to assume that you are or will be a Gopher fan RIGHT?!! You better! ;) Go Gophers!!

I going to assume that you are or will be a Gopher fan RIGHT?!! You better! ;) Go Gophers!!
Yah-E when I see you posts I sometimes feel like I am living your dream. I saw Bon eFin Jovi this summer in Wisconsin and I just purchased tailgating supplies for the opening act in the Gopher's march to the Micron PC bowl (if they still had it) mystifing the masses with their fancy spread offence.

That's not completely accurate, while acceptance into the early decision program is not the same as a December one acceptance. The only way your not guaranteed a spot after being accepted to this program is if you fail to meet the standards of the program aka a semester below 3.4, science below 3.2, etc.. I am stunned that any one accepted to this program would do anything to jepordize their spot. Lets be honest these are not the most demanding of expectations the U's average D1's undergraduate stats are all well above these marks.

True....The GPA requirements are not that difficult. However, some students have trouble getting straight 19's or better on the DAT. An 18 on any section results in a drop from the program. That is not to say that those students will not get in via the general pool, but it makes staying in the program slightly more difficult...which it should be. My point is that no one is "in" until December 1st, and to say that one is "accepted" is marginally arrogant. Just my two cents.

True....The GPA requirements are not that difficult. However, some students have trouble getting straight 19's or better on the DAT. An 18 on any section results in a drop from the program. That is not to say that those students will not get in via the general pool, but it makes staying in the program slightly more difficult...which it should be. My point is that no one is "in" until December 1st, and to say that one is "accepted" is marginally arrogant. Just my two cents.

How about a little positivity here, BejingDDS2008... I am aware that no official "acceptances" go out until Dec.1st... However, I am also aware that I have already fulfilled all the conditional requirements necessary in order to remain active in the EDP; thus, my spot is not in jeopardy. I was simply trying to offer encouraging advice to the OP regarding his/her upcoming interview at the U. Sometimes it is nice to hear that sort of thing...

As for the Gopher fan question, I don't know... I will proudly be a Gopher fan for everything but hockey... Being that I was a Fighting Sioux for my undergrad, rooting for the Gophers at Mariucci might be tough... :p Perhaps I'll come around...eventually :)

Good luck! I'm a D1 at Minnesota and I chose MN over 4 other schools and haven't regretted it yet (though it's only my 3rd week.) GREAT SCHOOL!

Good luck! I'm a D1 at Minnesota and I chose MN over 4 other schools and haven't regretted it yet (though it's only my 3rd week.) GREAT SCHOOL!

....until january hits and you're freezing to death!! :laugh:

From AK...I love the cold!

Again, you better be a Gophers fan!

Go Gophers!

How many people does U of M interview? Yesterday it sure seemed like there was about 15 of us. And that was just one day!

I can actually answer this one! The U interviewed 25% of 999 applicants last year. So right around 250. I hope to be an interviewee again this year.