Nanodot Alternatives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thisisme1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
With Landauer pulling the Nanodot product a few months ago, I'm curious what others are using for surface dose monitoring?

Members don't see this ad.

IMG_1260.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've treated a lot of skin cancer on the shin and let me tell you that TLD or other surface dose monitoring is unlikely to be needed. You get to see it in real time (weekly) ! ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Will echo and say I also get a lot of shin referrals… not quite nightmare but not fun for anyone.

We are switching over to MOSFET from the OSLs. But don’t do a lot of in-vivo for skin unless there are particular concerns. Not standard for each case here

Will echo and say I also get a lot of shin referrals… not quite nightmare but not fun for anyone.

We are switching over to MOSFET from the OSLs. But don’t do a lot of in-vivo for skin unless there are particular concerns. Not standard for each case here
Same, I use MOSFET and probably perform in vivo dosi like, 1-3 times a month max.

(Guess my Danny D genes lay dormant, eh?)

In-vivo dosi is practically useless. It's a tool to avoid the egregious error only and can be a time sink for physics.

I would never adjust a skin plan based on a diode or other surface dosimetry reading outside of checking the calc or prescription for gross error.