Newly established facial aesthetic fellowship- Dallas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drsamandallas

Reaction score
We are currently accepting applicants (open to all board eligible ENT, OMFS or Plastic Surgery graduates) for Dallas-based fellowship with heavy focus on facial aesthetics (70%), facial reconstruction (20%), and facial trauma (10%). One week mission-trip for cleft lip/palate is available for added international experience. See instagram @dallasfacedoc and @planofacedoc to learn more about our practice.

Email [email protected] for more information.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
How much operating versus assisting will the fellow do?

What kind of call is the fellow responsible for?

What is the salary?

Fellow operative experience and autonomy increases as the year progresses and depending on comfort level. Fellow will do first free flap on their own within a few months into the fellowship. This is a hands on fellowship. Call is 6 days per month at level 2 trauma center and is not heavy at all. Salary is $70k

Members don't see this ad :)
Would an OMS fellow be eligible for the board of facial plastic and reconstructive surgery following graduation?

Would an OMS fellow be eligible for the board of facial plastic and reconstructive surgery following graduation?
You mean a non-categorical intern? or a board certified OMFS?

Reactions: 1 user
Board eligible following OMS residency
Why don’t you contact the licensing body of facial plastics? They’ll give you the most accurate information. I do know that OMFS can do plastics. Some OMFS do a fellowship to do so as part of their practice.

Why don’t you contact the licensing body of facial plastics? They’ll give you the most accurate information. I do know that OMFS can do plastics. Some OMFS do a fellowship to do so as part of their practice.

OMS is able to apply to an independent plastic surgery residency to become a full scope plastic surgeon just as a general surgery resident would. This would be three years following OMS and be a completely different residency. Not a fellowship. The fellowships that OMS can do are within AAOMS or AACS, neither of which classify you as a "plastic surgeon" despite the same scope and similar training. I'm unsure if Dr. Saman's fellowship is through the AAFPRS as it is not listed on their website of fellowships yet he is a diplomat of AAFPRS. If it is not, the licensing body will not be able to provide me with information. Traditionally these fellowships are not open to OMS (Just ENT and Plastics) Thus, my original questions.